Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: My Positive Days Post

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Coloured in and wrote (including the verses) 19 Christmas cards this afternoon and evening. Took me over 4 hours and I have cramp in my thumb! Why do I do this to myself! Anyway at least they are mainly done so I can hopefully get them to the post office tomorrow.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

Hmm... Resting?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How are you this morning?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    How are you this morning?
    Coughing like a good un!!
    Will need to go down the town in a bit and do some shopping and get my new glasses.

Still waiting for the kiln. Will be tomorrow now

Well got the new glasses. Wow I never knew the resolution on my TV was that good! It has been about 6 years since I got my eyes tested as I thought they were fine and my vision was good. As I was also having diabetes checks I knew that my eyes were healthy so I was not worried. It seems that my distance vision has improved a lot so my old prescription was WAY off!
    Enjoying having reading glasses as well and being able to use the computer without having to struggle to see what I am doing!

Still coughing, but felt well enough after a couple of cold and flu tablets to have a bash at tiding up the den a bit. I have sold three more private class vouchers today. That makes 10 since the 22nd November. I think I may be busy fulfilling them in the New Year. I have also had confirmation and a date set to goto a local school and do some consultancy with them. Train their teachers in 3D art and teach them how to use their kiln. Its a great opportunity as it will mean I will be working with the South West Arts Development Agency and so I am hoping it will lead to greater things!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

OldMike (13-12-16),rose (12-12-16)

OMG That's amazing! What an exciting thing to be involved in!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Pen (12-12-16)

That's a fantastic post
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Pen (12-12-16)

Well the kiln arrived today. Dont know when I will get it wired in, the electrician is keeping his head down!
    It was a bit of a nightmare as the very nice delivery guy brought it almost up to the studio door and then left. I had though it would be on casters (like my current one) WRONG.... it's on a stand. SO now I was stuck with £3,000 of unwrapped kiln on a pallet, weighing about half a tonne, 30 feet from its final destination, no way to move it short of carrying it and the sky was threatening rain!
    Thankfully A was not working today so the 3 of us inched it a few steps at a time off the pallet, over the studio step and up to the back of the studio. It cost me a chocolate tracker bar and a porcelain penguin in thanks for his efforts. .

That seems cheap labour . So glad it's turned up!

That sure is a heavy piece of kit. Glad you managed to get it moved to the correct place in your studio.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"