Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Movie Reviews

Went to see war of planet of the apes today, I really enjoyed it. It is very rare I go the cinema so it made a change.

Glad you enjoyed it...
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Watched Patriots Day tonight with Mark Wahlburg, Kevin Bacon and John Goodman. It tells the story of the Boston Marathon bombings in 2013 and the hunt for the bombers. It also follows the stories of some of those injured in the attack and some others who had a choice to step up or not. It's harrowing and graphic, it deals with the worst of humanity but also with the best of humanity. The film had a lot of violence, obviously, and the language was definitely ripe.

I thought it was a great film, not for the faint hearted. But there's no point imho in making a film about such a violent event and then watering it down for the 12A audience. Sugar coating it would not do justice to those injured, killed or otherwise affected by this horrible crime. The attack was hideous and, in places, the film was too but it's important that this sort of story is told properly.
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (20-08-17)

I've been promising to watch that for ages and not got round to it yet. Will move it to the top of my list thanks to your review.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

the fault in our stars

2 cancer patients fall in love and go to amsterdam to meet an author

lovely movie, with an unexpected ending (for me it was unexpected)

focusses on more than just the cancer diagnoses, their are other parts too
    I give it a 7/ 10

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ophelia For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (22-11-17)

Totally amazing movie, surprised you only gave it a 7.

Paddington 2 - a great family movie with some rather funny moments which appealed to my humour. The dustbin scene had by kids in stitches. Really enjoyed it 7.5/10
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post

Paddington 2 - a great family movie with some rather funny moments which appealed to my humour. The dustbin scene had by kids in stitches. Really enjoyed it 7.5/10
    I didn't like the attitude of the author when they'd traveled all the way to see him.

was quite shocked actually that he'd say those things.

also I thought some of the music could be a little more emotional.

is paddington too as good as the first one?

I saw the first one and was really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post

I didn't like the attitude of the author when they'd traveled all the way to see him.

was quite shocked actually that he'd say those things.

also I thought some of the music could be a little more emotional.

is paddington too as good as the first one?

I saw the first one and was really impressed.

My boys enjoyed it and it made me giggle in parts so definitely worth a watch.
    J. M. Barrie

the christmas bunny:

julia is a young orphaned child who has spent most of her life moving from home to home.

she is quiet, and won't talk to anyone

it looks like things are going to be the same, when julia moves in to her new home- a lovely house with a mother, father, and elder boy.

things look up,, however when the boy, billy discovers an injured bunny rabbit in the garden

julia, for the first time, starts to talk- insisting on naming the rabbit, and holding it where ever she goes

she eventually learns to care for the rabbit, thanks to a lady in the area.

what happens next is a true christmas miracle

this movie, with it's stunning winter sceens, it's heartwarming story and it's lovely music, makes it a perfet movie for all the family

I give it 10 stars