Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Movie Reviews

Went to see war of planet of the apes today, I really enjoyed it. It is very rare I go the cinema so it made a change.

Glad you enjoyed it...
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Watched Patriots Day tonight with Mark Wahlburg, Kevin Bacon and John Goodman. It tells the story of the Boston Marathon bombings in 2013 and the hunt for the bombers. It also follows the stories of some of those injured in the attack and some others who had a choice to step up or not. It's harrowing and graphic, it deals with the worst of humanity but also with the best of humanity. The film had a lot of violence, obviously, and the language was definitely ripe.

I thought it was a great film, not for the faint hearted. But there's no point imho in making a film about such a violent event and then watering it down for the 12A audience. Sugar coating it would not do justice to those injured, killed or otherwise affected by this horrible crime. The attack was hideous and, in places, the film was too but it's important that this sort of story is told properly.
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (20-08-17)

I've been promising to watch that for ages and not got round to it yet. Will move it to the top of my list thanks to your review.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie