Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Movie Reviews

Kabu and the Two Strings. An animated film.

A Japanese boy, with only one eye; the son of a dead Samurai warrior and a magical but suffering mum. He and his mum have been hiding from his grandfather since he was a baby but suddenly he's found them and Kubo has to find his way to safety with the help of some surprising friends. The story is lovely but what truly makes this incredible is the whole film was shot using puppets/models (think Wallace and grommit except with Japanese anime). The film looks like CGI and is truly beautiful, really outstanding.

8.5/10 for me. I wouldn't have chosen it at all but was transfixed
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

I watched The Apartment with Jack Lemon and Shirley McLean.

Calvin Clifford (C. C.) "Bud" Baxter (Jack Lemon) is a lonely office drudge at a national insurance corporation in a high-rise building in New York City. In order to climb the corporate ladder, Bud allows four company managers, who reinforce their position over him by regularly calling him "Buddy Boy," to take turns borrowing his Upper West Side apartment for their various extramarital liaisons, which are so noisy that his neighbors assume that he is a playboy bringing home different women every night.
    I really like Bil wilder and this is a little gm it is the predecessor to the movie: "some like it hot" that made wilder a huge director and Woody Allen always says he was inspired by wilder and his style of writing. it is a great movie and i give it a 7 out of 10.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Anyone seen Moanna? Is it good and can i got see it alone? No one will go with me

Ive not seen it yet The_scientist but i will take Chloe next week. I went to see a sci fi film called "Monster Trucks"

Looking for any way to get away from the life and town he was born into, Tripp, a high school senior, builds a Monster Truck from bits and pieces of scrapped cars. After an accident at a nearby oil-drilling site displaces a strange and subterranean creature with a taste and a talent for speed, Trip may have just found the key to getting out of town and a most unlikely friend.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I saw it a couple of nights ok, Scientist. It's great!
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Moana.
    The sound track to the film is on of the best i have heard and it really is a good feel good film.
    One thing i did notice about the film is that there was a lot of references to other Disney films. For example if you look closely at one of the Kakamora has the look of Baymax, familiar of course to fans of Big Hero 6,

Moana Waialiki is a sea voyaging enthusiast and the only daughter of a chief in a long line of navigators. When her island's fishermen can't catch any fish and the crops fail, she learns that the demigod Maui caused the blight by stealing the heart of the goddess Te Fiti. The only way to heal the island is to persuade Maui to return Te Fiti's heart, so Moana sets off on an epic journey across the Pacific. The film is based on stories from Polynesian mythology.

10 out of 10.

Went to see the film sing and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    This revie was taken from wiki
    Dapper Koala Buster Moon presides over a once-grand theater that has fallen on hard times. An eternal optimist, and a bit of a scoundrel, he loves his theater above all and will do anything to preserve it. Facing the crumbling of his life's ambition, he takes one final chance to restore his fading jewel to its former glory by producing the world's greatest singing competition. Five contestants emerge: a mouse, a timid elephant, a pig, a gorilla and a punk-rock porcupine.

I wont say any more except if you want to see a movie that was made for children but all can enjoy then please go and see. 5 stars all the way.

Fences - Denzil Washington stars as Troy Maxson in this story of a family man in 50s America. It wasn't anything like I expected and at almost 2 1/2 hrs long you are in for a long ride but i found it very thought provoking. Worth a watch 8/10
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

I keep noticing the film The Martian poping up on my viewer and was thinking of watching. Is it any good?

It's brilliant