Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Reviews

When i was watching it, i was laughing more at the Risky jokes. "BADGES! BADGES! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    One of the all time comedy classics. Couldn't get away with a lot of those jokes these days lol

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Have just sat and watched The Shallows. It's about a med student who encounters a shark while surfing in Mexico and her fight for survival. There were a few cringe-worthy moments (if not exactly realistic) but I enjoyed watching it and would recommend it. 8/10
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Marc loved it - I havent seen it yet!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

INTO THE WOODS
    Surprisingly i really enjoyed this musical take on classic fairy tails. Johnny depp was superb as the wolf and meryl steep as the witch was just brilliant but I was also shocked at seeing James Corden in it as the baker. But the film belonged to the young lad who played Jack. he was superb and the special effects was great and this film i would recommend to adults as well as children. I did like Little red riding hood.

8 out of 10.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

selena (18-09-16)

Me Before You. A girl desperate for work takes a job as a carer for a quadriplegic man. I bit of a chick flick I suppose but a great story Well worth a watch (but keep a box of tissues close) 9/10

10 Cloverfield Lane How do you describe this (as politely as possible)? A psychological thriller where a girl involved in a car crash wakes up in an underground bunker with a nut job conspiracy theorist after a 'chemical attack'. I'm sitting here wondering why I wasted a couple of hours of my life watching this strange movie and the ending....well I wouldn't wanna spoil it for you but 3 letters sum it up. WTF. 6/10
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

specter
    I really liked this latest outing by Bond and it dose not disappoint. I have always struggled with Bond and his sense of loyalty and watching this sort of answers why. One brother goes good and the other gets a bit jealous and becomes a megalomaniac. I also like how the film ties in with the older ones too. The new Money penny was good and the action flowed right till the end. Good villain too. I hope this is not Daniel Craig's last outing as h is by far my most favorite bond.
    7/10.

tha last thing i watched was "Maggie's Plan" - well worth a watch as quite a light-hearted comedy with sudden turns and brilliant Greta Gerwig (sorry, I just love her so much :D)

has anyone of you guys seen "It's Only the Ends of the World" by Dolan? going to see it but would like to hear about it beforehand

Not one I've seen, sorry
    J. M. Barrie

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

angeleyes (21-10-16)

MAD MAX, FURY ROAD; *SPOILER ALERT*!

I managed to finally watch this mad mad film all the way through for the first time and found it rather disturbing.
    It is set in a post apocalyptic world where the solid is sour and nothing grows and the only person who has fresh water and can grow crops is a megalomaniac with a serious skin condition. A rebel takes a group of females who are all absolutely gorgeous and all pregnant on a dangerous plan of escape. This leads to the usual road chase with a bunch of wacky races type cars in hot pursuit. I don;t like the film mainly because i think it is sending out a rather disturbing subliminal message that all ugly looking people are EVIL!. All the good looking people were the goodies. A bit like the old westerns where the bad guy wore black. I think the film is sending out a wrong message and it is a very confusing story. Took me a while to log on to the fact that Max is played by a new guy and not Mel Gibson.
    Film score: 3 out of 10; okay for a wet Wednesday.

I wasn't a huge fun of Fury Road but not for the same reasons. I thought the movie was just a real drag. I'd give it a 5/10
    J. M. Barrie