Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Reviews

Movie Reviews

As there has been a lot of chatter about various films worth a watch I thought why not give it a thread of it's own. So put your movie title,brief outline of the story and your opinion and a mark out of 10. so I'll put an example....

The Breakfast Club - 80's teen movie about 5 kids who all find themselves in detention on a Saturday morning but they learn more about themselves than maybe they expected. Starring Emilio Estevez, Molly Ringwald and Judd Nelson. A classic brat pack movie and well worth a watch 10/10
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Loved The breakfast club!

Will add my own choices in a bit
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Star wars The Force awakens. SH1T! Hated it.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Wow, did you learn that depth of description in writing class?
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

The Jungle Book - the new one. Absolutely loved it! Brilliant cast, stuck more to the story than the animation. Family entertainment, but Marc and I enjoyed it as much as the kids!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Sorry Stella was not in the best of moods yesterday.

I watched Star trek Beyond and was very impressed by the Writing and the C.G.I. The Story was great although a bit one dimensional. The NEW Ship looks good and it looks like there is going to be a fourth movie as all the cast has re- signed.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Sad to hear Gene Wilder Died so i was watching Blazing saddles and no matter how many time i see it it still makes me laugh. One of my all time fav movies by mel Brooks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (13-09-16)

One of the all time comedy classics. Couldn't get away with a lot of those jokes these days lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

purplefan (14-09-16)

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    One word..... Spaceballs, Mel brooks at his best!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarre For This Useful Post:

purplefan (14-09-16)

totally agree. I still dont know why it got slated by critics. Space balls was a modern classic. Some of the Jokes were a bit corny but the film was a classic mel Brooks.