Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New mod

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Elizabeth if you have a problem about this then it would of been a better idea to of sent Suzi a pm. She is out right now but will be here when she gets home

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but there are people on here who have posted a lot more then myself and are not a mod. Suzi has a set of qualities in mind when she chooses her team, and knowing Suzi, the number of posts will not be one of them. As for Hugo leaving, Suzi knows his reasons, other then that, it is up to Hugo to decide if he wants to share them with anyone else.

I'm sorry you feel left out and feel like you need to leave.
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

EJ, we all have our own lives, own struggles. We do this voluntarily because we want to help protect the forum's members. That responsibility can't be put on just a couple of mods as we aren't individually always able to be here, either because we're actually living our lives or we're struggling with our own issues and need to avoid triggers

Frankly, I'm hurt that you see the admin team as an elite club, not as a group of volunteers who want to keep the members safe. The success of this forum has depended on its safety, non judgement and warmth. And that is what Suzi and the rest of the team work hard to protect. If you feel the forum is not achieving this, then it would have been more appropriate to pm Suzi, not air your grievances this way
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Hi ElizabethJane, I've been out, but have been bought up to speed by Angie, but couldn't get to a wifi area to post before now.
    I'm going to try and answer your questions bit by bit, but please do let me know if you disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethJane1 View Post
    I don't understand why we need so many moderators ??
    This is a really valid question, and I hope to answer you properly..
    I like to have a lot of moderators purely and simply because we all have our own lives too. You'll notice that I don't ask anyone to pay to become a member and that we are ad free.... I pay for all the hosting and other costs and all the team members give their time up freely and so are only available around their own work/lives/illnesses/volunteer work etc. This means that they aren't all around all the time, which is actually really brilliant as this place is open 24/7 365 days a year. You'll have noticed I'm sure that even Christmas Day there are people around!
    It's also school holidays so I'm not around as much, no matter how hard I try. Jarre is working ridiculously long hours so he's not around as much and he tends to deal with more of the spammers and such like.
    It's also coming towards SAD time where we tend to get a lot of new/returning members especially heading towards Christmas and not all of them are here for the right reasons and do just want to spam.

It is becoming an elite little club and I'm not sure if I want to be a member of it any more.
    I'm sorry you feel this way, but actually that really hurt me. Elite club is far from how I want people to see DWD and I've worked blinking hard over the last 10+ years to make it welcoming, warm, friendly and supportive.

It would seem that if you post a lot then you will eventually become a moderator. It it fine but I think that it is time I left the forum. I am further down the recovery road and I don't need this anymore. I still do 'moodscope' and take my meds but I have face to face contact as well with people I know. I'm not around during the day and miss what is going on so feel very left out but that is ok I'm a big girl and it is time to leave. What has happened to Hugo I noticed he had become a moderator but seems to have left the forum ?
    It's up to Hugo to tell you the reason he's not posting much anymore, however he has been in the forum. Maybe you could discuss his personal reasons with him, and not here at the end of telling me why you think you are going to leave.
    I would have hoped that we've been supportive and helpful for you on that journey, but if you think you've enough support around you then I am pleased and am really glad that you feel that you can carry on. We will obviously miss you, but the choice is yours whether you post again or not. I am sorry you feel left out, but I don't know how I could do any more to help with that, but obviously I'm open to suggestions.
    If you wanted to be a mod then you could have asked. There are many reasons why I ask people to become a mod, and actually just being around is one of those things, being a good team player is another, being warm, friendly, helpful and supportive are other qualities. Does this help?

I hope I've answered your issues, but I would ask that in the future, if you don't have anything congratulatory to post on a thread like this then could I ask that you either send me a pm or at least do it in another thread. I can only imagine how hurt Flo will be to see this.
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

ElizabethJane1 (24-08-16)

Hi Elizabeth Jane!
    I've literally only just come across the above posts this morning. Firstly, no I'm not hurt at all. A little puzzled maybe, but not hurt.
    I stumbled upon this site in March when I was at my lowest. But actually, I'd like to think that maybe I was guided here! You'll understand..you're a Christian.
    I don't have to explain what this illness is like and the devastation, loneliness and desperation that comes with it. We've all been pushed to the edge - as I'm sure you were Elizabeth which is why you chose to become part of this forum yourself I expect. In my case I just didn't know where to turn. I started to read the posts of these members, some of whom were fragile, and suffering just like me. But you'll know all about this as you must have suffered too. I plucked up the courage to post how I felt, and received replies of identification and empathy, and most importantly of all, love and encouragement and a belief that I could grow stronger.

The members here - you included - were giving me their strength, experience and hope - such precious commodities, worth far more than any amount of 'subscription fees' could ever be. Strength that sometimes they could ill afford to part with! Over time these gifts have given me back my faith and confidence in life again. I feel included and loved by every one of you. Of course - and I'd be silly to say otherwise - life still throws curved balls and some unwanted baggage (as admitted on my thread this morning!) but this is 'life'!...Everyone has it! But, not everyone has the back-up, understanding and love that the people on this forum gives.
    At the moment I feel strong, so I shall give some of my strength back to someone else with less strength who needs it in order for them to grow as I did. That's all any of us can do. What price can we put on hope, piece of mind and understanding?
    I thank God that Suzi started DWD. She has a young family and her own life to deal with. However, - at the risk of sounding patronizing - and I know others will agree...I shall say that this lady is one of the most loving, caring, non-judgemental and giving human beings I have had the privilege to know. What would we do without this person that gives her time, compassion and energy for 'nothing'??? She is happy to be rewarded with the happiness of others!

She asked me if I'd like to be a moderator. No one was more surprised than I!!. I'm nothing special! But I was honoured. No one has ever asked me to do anything like this! My one worry was that I would tread on someone else's toes. But if I can give - along with the others - a little of what has been given to me, to another new fragile soul who stumbled onto this site, just like me, then I'll be happy.

Don't leave Elizabeth. Everyone is valuable, and your needed! But if you feel you can go it alone because you feel well enough now, then that's great! Because it only goes to prove that all of this works!! It's amazing isn't it??

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Angie (24-08-16),ElizabethJane1 (24-08-16),Emmie (24-08-16),Jaquaia (24-08-16),magie06 (24-08-16),OldMike (24-08-16),Stella180 (24-08-16),Suzi (24-08-16)

I don't have the words to answer that post right now, but I'm sobbing - a lot. Thank you Flo. I am nothing special, just me and I value your and every members friendship, support for each other and myself so much. Thank you x
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Retired Viking, holder of the cape of spangly awesomeness & holder of the amulet of knowledge of the magic bourbon biscuits Emmie's Avatar
    *gestures at Flo's post* And THAT ladies and gentlemen, is why she was asked to be a mod!*

*Note, I have no inside information I'm just imagining the ability to produce such a caring, kind, understanding and gently put post as is exactly why Suzi felt she would be a good fit!
    Mara: Sometimes you're the cart, sometimes you're the horse...
    Me: Sometimes you're lying in the cart with a cold compress on your forehead...

Deservedly declared winner of Quiz 33 and taking bragging rights of that seriously.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emmie For This Useful Post:

Angie (24-08-16),OldMike (25-08-16)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Flo your post shows just why you were asked to be a mod here,

^^^wss
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Angie (24-08-16)

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar