I was watching a youtube documentary about our failure to address the problem of so called "care in the community". Where so many people are being released from institutions and not getting the support they need to cop with daily living. It is not just people being released from institutions that cant cope.
There is a "sub culture" growing where people are cutting themselves off from society and not leaving their flats or even room where they live in the house.
According to the documentary a lot of young business people are struggling to cope to make ends meet because of high rises or rent specially in London they are just becoming more and more isolated.
Depression is a terrible feeling and if not treated then it can affect how people function on a daily basis. People are isolating themselves from not only family and friends but society and stay in their flats all the time.
I still think we are living in the dark ages when it comes to treating depression especially if you are just out of an institution and trying to cop on your own. I was shocked at so many young professionals who are being pushed out of London because they cant afford somewhere to live. Isolation is such a awful experience what is the answer? More support more funding of projects to help people adjust to being outside. One woman had not left her flat in seven years. She gets everything delivered and has no contact with family. Please if you do feel depressed or isolated then talk to your G.P. Don't just cut yourself off.