Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eczema

Eczema

I have a bad case of eczema at the moment but when i came out the shower and was combing my hair i noticed a bit of my scalp had come off. I normally have Eczema on my hands and feet but i was wondering if it might be a reaction ot the model paint i am using?
    I guess i should make an appointment to se my G.P. but wondered if you guys have it and know of any home cure. I am scratching my scalp like mad and i am worried i could make it worse.
    P.S.
    It was only a little bit of skin that came off, not a huge piece non the less you can see a red mark where the skin used to be.
    I do have cream for the Eczema, but it never goes away completely. My foot has a hug red mark on it as do one of my knuckles.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Polytar shampoo is what you want

3. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

purplefan (04-08-16)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Polytar takes me back some years my Grandad used to have that for his scalp
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

There's another one that comes in a black bottle but can't think of the name of it

My mother suffered badly from eczema but can't remember if she had it in her hair.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Get back to the Drs. When were you diagnosed with eczema? It could be something else eg psoriasis. Either way, I'm sure they should review your cream to make sure it's the right prescription
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    My son had oilatum for ezcema when he was young, I was also careful what washing powder and soaps and shower gels I used aswell
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

I hate it when it flairs up. I will pop into the chemist tomorrow and see what thy have got.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

I have a weird type of eczema/ borderline psoriasis on my head. I sympathise. I hate it. It flairs and it fades a bit.... Definitely talk to your Dr.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    My son had oilatum for ezcema when he was young, I was also careful what washing powder and soaps and shower gels I used aswell
    Katie had dreadful baby eczema. The dr recommended using oilatum as a bath soap
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.