Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine acceptance

EJ
    Not sure that joint pain will improve. It sometimes does not. Lithium is also bad for joint pain. I take glucosamine and cod liver oil capsules. This seems to help me considerably. Check with your pharmacist first.

Elless
    Hmmm I've got some glucosamine, I'll try them again.
    Dreams are getting more and more bizarre - part of the one I had last night has already come true this morning - maybe the tabs are giving me super powers

The question is, are you going to use your powers for good or for evil?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Elless
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    The question is, are you going to use your powers for good or for evil?
    Now that depends on what mood I wake up in each morning - ooooo just imagine having that power

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elless For This Useful Post:

Paula (13-07-16)

That would be so cool!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hanuman
    What are u taking it for - depression?

Elless
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    What are u taking it for - depression?
    Yes, I was on citalopram but became very tearful again so the doc has changed me to Mirtazapine - Forum members have given it a thumbs up so I will persevere with it for 6 - 8 weeks despite the effects it is having at the moment, the joint pains have increased but I do 'feel' a bit better (don't know if its the tablets or the Forum that's done that) I am still really dizzy and am very zombie like at the moment but I will survive.

Gloria Gaynor (no its Linda really)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elless For This Useful Post:

Paula (18-07-16)

Elless
    feeling absolutely let down today. I went to my GP yesterday to tell her that the crying bouts and anger issues are getting worse (actually took your advice and wrote it all down) also that the side effects of the amitriptyline are unbearable, I am literally scratching my skin til it bleeds because of the itching amongst other things. She has changed the ami to gabapentin and has put me back on citalopram but has increased the dose - I was on 20mg before now Ive to take 30mg but to start off on 10mg and build up - why didn't she just increase my dose in the first place instead of making me wean off citalopram to take mirtazapine?!?! I also told her about the issue with the MRI that I couldn't go through with and she didnt even bat an eyelid she just changed the conversation.

I feel so let down, I even heard my husband muttering under his breath last night that he can't cope with me much longer - I just can't be bothered going on any more.

Oh hunni The thing is that there is no rules with anti d's and other medication - it is a trial and error system unfortunately... Hang on in there.

Talk to your husband and tell him how you are feeling... You can get through this..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

You could invite your husband to a GP appointment with you. I did that with my partner to show him just how difficult it is to get help.
    I'm so sorry she changed your medication again, I've been through so many meds changes and I really can empathise (I am going through one at the moment).
    Good luck and I hope you soon start to feel better.