I know you can't give medical advice but do you think I am doing the right thing?;

I was taking Citalopram but as I was still very tearful and down my doctor changed me to Mirtazapine, I have tried Mirtazapine before and they made me zombie like and I had really bad pains in my feet (psycosomatic?) so I was reluctant to take them. At the same time my doctor prescribed Amitriptyline for sciatica because I have worn discs in my back. I weaned off the Citalopram and started the Amitriptyline 9 days ago but didnt start the Mirtazapine and I feel really positive, no tearfulness and no anger which usually happens if I try to come off anti-depressants. I know Amitriptyline is used for nerve pain but is more commonly used as an anti-depressant and it seems to be doing both for me. I want to carry on getting the Mirtazapine because I have discovered that if I have a bad night and can't sleep if I take half a tablet it helps me drop off and get a full nights sleep so I don't want to mention this to my doctor. What do you think?

Linda