Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Venlafaxine

My husband recently started venlafexine and once he was on the dose the Dr has now put him on he's finding them the most helpful of any anti d that he's been on..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

cloudy
    I have just been swapped from fluoxetine to venlafaxine. Today is day 2. Starting with 37.5 for a week then 75 the next week. I stupidly googled it and came across all the horror stories. I am worried about the change as I swapped from fluoxetine to sertraline about a year and a half ago and ended up going back on fluoxetine. Looking back I don't think I gave it enough time and it was maybe a combination of the fluoxetine wearing off and the new med not yet working but I felt awful.

My husband did a straight swap and it wasn't easy, but he did sleep through most of the worst and tbh it's been an amazingly helpful drug for him after being on fluoxetine for a very long time at a very high dose.

cloudy
    I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Venlafaxine is a fantastic AD for many, inc me. It can, however, cause discontinuation symptoms very quickly so it's important to take it at the same time (or as near as possible) every day
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

My friend is on Venlafaxine and is very happy with it. But there was an occasion when being unwell forgot to take a dose and felt a bit grotty very quickly.

cloudy
    I have read about its short half life.

Venalfaxine has worked for me. But I have to make sure I take it same time every day. If I'm late with a dose is know about it. After over 5 years im trying to come off it and that's no easy

cloudy
    What did you try before it please shine?

My husband had been on citalopram, escitalopram, fluoxetine - high dose for over 5 years. Changing to venlafexine has been life changing.. I hope it is for you.