Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soap Making

Trying hard
    Hmmmm just taking a gander around now, would you think it is better to buy a full starter kit will everything in at the beginning or buy individual items?

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Starter kits can be good depending on what you get in them, but it can be good to choose your own scents aswell.

I started out making cold process so bought all I needed individually as they wont sell pure caustic soda in a starter kit in most places because of how harmful it cna be if not handled correctly.

poundland can be good for equiptment I use silicone loaf/cake pans, silicone cupcake pans as they are heat proof,
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

OldMike (14-05-16)

Making soap is quite easy. What I usually do is, I will buy an Ivory soap then heat them up in the microwave. Then it will become like a cotton candy! and still can be use like the normal soap but the texture will be like cloudy kinda shape.

You do make lots of things rather than just 'soap'. Cool, I tried making soap when I was in high school. For my chemistry experiment, and it turned out good.