Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Struggling with the heat?

Struggling with the heat?

I usually love the warm weather and I can sit out for ages.
    But I've noticed I am starting to struggle in the warm weather, I need to drink a lot more water, I can't sit out for long before I start to feel overly hot.
    I wondered if it might be a side effect of my meds, maybe Quetiapine, but more likely Pregabalin?
    Does anyone else find the heat is harder to cope with because of their meds?
    Other possibility I thought of could be because I have put on weight.
    Thanks in advance.

I can't sit outside very long in warm/hot weather always search out the shade, always been like that I seem to wilt in hot weather. I prefer bright yet cool weather.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    People think i am weird for keeping my curtains shut but it actually does 2 things. Keeps heat in in teh winter and prevents the room heating up to much in summer as they help reflect the heat through the window away. Waering shorts and a light t-shirt indoors helps to

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarre For This Useful Post:

purplefan (08-05-16)

I can't stand UK heat at all - I cope much better in Europe lol where the air isn't so sticky and humid.
    Apparently (as I've done some research) several of my meds have a diuretic effect so it leads to heat stroke quicker... Like you Rose, it's a case of having to drink more water and stay out of the sun!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I can't stand UK heat at all - I cope much better in Europe lol where the air isn't so sticky and humid.
    Apparently (as I've done some research) several of my meds have a diuretic effect so it leads to heat stroke quicker... Like you Rose, it's a case of having to drink more water and stay out of the sun!
    I can't believe we're on the same planet!!...but I agree Suzi. The heat abroad is a dry heat, whereas here the heat knocks the stuffing out of me...we lose more water than we think in hot weather. Headaches can be a sign of dehydration...i can't believe I'm writing this....I've got the heating on low!!

Trying hard
    I cant take much of the heat and always drink a lot more than usual. I tend to stay in and have the patio and windows open.

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    I cannot stand the heat!
    For me UK, Ireland and Scandinavian countries do have ideal weather. In Eastern Europe weather is just getting too hot.

I love the heat, and don't believe we get enough warm weather here in the summer time. I'm actually writing this with my blanket wrapped around me for warmth. It's spilling down with rain outside and only about 9 degrees.

The humid weather in the UK is definitely more difficult to tolerate than, say, the weather in Greece, Malta or Spain, which is much drier.
    That said, I climbed up through a traditional village in Greece a few years ago and we ended up pouring water over ourselves rather than drinking it, because we were so hot that we actually felt quite ill.

It's just this year I seem to be more effected by it than ever before, and quite noticeably so, and the only thing that has changed is meds and weight.

I will drink more but I can't promise to stay out of the sun

You should move to surrey the rose. No heat here but I would follow Jarre advice. Also sip some tea. It keeps the body temperature level. That's why in India people drink tea when it's hot and not ice cream.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.