Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to mirtazapine, not feeling good at all....

Heaven_Scent
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hey hunni, can I ask why you've chosen not to take it today?

I'm sick of feeling rubbish Think I've been panicking too much and I am by nature inpatient. I've taken tonight's dose and I'll speak to my GP. I'm just so disillusioned with it all. I've been off work 7 weeks and won't have seen a mental health professional until my psych appointment in May. It's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Suzi; 26-04-16 at 09:48 PM.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    To be fair 3 months to see a psych isn't along time, but you need to give the tablets time to get into your system and start working, the side effects will stop after a few weeks,
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

I know round here the waiting lists are much longer, but that doesn't make it easier for you - I know that too. What I'm trying to say (really badly) is that I know you're finding it tough, but there is no magic wand or a magic pill which is going to make it better overnight. It is going to be a long road to recovery......
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Heaven_Scent
    GP has increased my Flupentixol and stopped the Mirtazapine, I doubled the dose this afternoon and already my mind is calmer. Hoping they are the right ones for me. Thanks for your replies

I really hope this works for you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Hope that it helps
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

I'm glad you went and you told them how it was affecting you. I hope that this works for you x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!