Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I have depression?

thatsthat
    Yep many times

Keep telling her until she believes it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

And then tell her some more.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (24-04-16)

thatsthat
    Ok? Have i done something to upset you. My wife encouraged me to use this forum to maybe find some like minded people who are going through same things. But if im not welcome just say pls

Nothing at all. But we are only stressing how important it is to let your wife know you love her, over and over. A common symptom of depression is we tend to push our loved ones away because we're either highly emotional or numb. So it's vital that our partners know that, despite what may seem, we do love them itms
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsthat View Post
    Ok? Have i done something to upset you. My wife encouraged me to use this forum to maybe find some like minded people who are going through same things. But if im not welcome just say pls
    Sorry, I don't think that either of the replies indicate you have... Just that often with depression comes feelings of low self worth, feelings being dulled/numb, and a very strange way of looking at things - hence why we suggested that you keep on telling her that you love her.... It will help.

thatsthat
    Hi Ive come to the wrong place sorry l thought id explained that the only thing that keeps me going is my wife and children. It wasnt an attack on my wife saying she doesnt understand me. My wife gets she doesnt understand evreything i mean and i dont expect her too thats why i came here expecting people who are struggling with depression with some life experiences to share. Bringing up pregnancy child birth periods to knock me back to remind men dont know theyre born attitude i guess im not really welcome here. Maybe forums are no good for me. Good luck all.x

We know you're not attacking your wife, we also know you're trying to do the best you can, as a partnership, under very difficult circumstances. I personally know how hard it is to keep your marriage healthy while going through all this - I'm the one with depression. All we were saying is to show you both you're not alone.

I think you may have read things into what we've said that weren't there. Of course you're welcome here! It's your choice if you post, of course, but I hope you can feel able to talk to us again.

Hey, I don't know if you are still reading this, but there are lots of people here who have depression (myself included) who will try very hard to understand how you feel and what you're going through.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsthat View Post
    Hi Ive come to the wrong place sorry l thought id explained that the only thing that keeps me going is my wife and children. It wasnt an attack on my wife saying she doesnt understand me. My wife gets she doesnt understand evreything i mean and i dont expect her too thats why i came here expecting people who are struggling with depression with some life experiences to share. Bringing up pregnancy child birth periods to knock me back to remind men dont know theyre born attitude i guess im not really welcome here. Maybe forums are no good for me. Good luck all.x
    I'm sorry you feel like this, but I genuinely can't see anything which suggests you aren't welcome here - please, if you could can you stay and talk and show me? I know how hard it is to be the partner of someone with depression as I've supported my husband through depression, break down(s), paranoia, social phobia and more... Really, I'm genuinely really upset you feel that you feel as you've stated... Stay and talk to us. We have many male members and you are definitely more than welcome.