Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I have depression?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    thatsthat

Do I have depression?

Hi all
    Wrote an epic post earlier but lost everything when battery went dead!? So I'm a bit drunk to write something longer sorry.it was good honest!
    Had a lovely conversation with my wife earlier after a tear and a beer she was trying to say my depression she's thinks is somethin that todays society creates as an over expectation on some people and pushes their tolerances too far and makes people feel bad? Sounded good to me and she made me feel better for a while but what I wouldn't give for someone who felt exactly like me to talk to. I have no choice but to work where I hate or be homeless because of debt, i support my wife and 2 children only just, although they do appreciate my sacrifices. Life seems to be about everything but me. I just have to put up with life's BS and pettiness each day and carry on. Just to say I'm struggling inside and a bit more desperate as weeks go on.
    Sorry for reading
    J

thatsthat
    It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.
    Quote AD

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling? Have you told your wife how bad things are right now?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi "thatsthat", have you spoken to your doctor yet, if not then it is a good place to start, tell him/her exactly how you feel as there are different medications and therapies available these days which help considerably.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I have no idea if it is depression or not we can't diagnose things on here as it could lead to trouble. Please like Suzi and Mike said the best person to tell you is the Doctor. Alcohol is not going to help the situation i do know that. There are a couple of triggers that you might pot like for instance.
    Have you stopped doing the things you used to like doing?
    Is your personal hygiene ok?
    As I said I can't tell if it is depression but I should check it out.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

thatsthat
    Hello
    Yea I've been to the docs many times on ADs for years and told told my wife how things are couple of days ago that was what the beer was for a bit of courage don't really drink regular and haven't for years. Sorry didn't explain myself properly been depressed since my 20s and I think probably before that and I'm 44 now. She is right behind me and will always help all she can , but I can't help but thinking she doesn't really get it only someone who knows would? Sorry again for my drunken rambling few days ago just needed to say something and that was it. Thanks all.

There isn't much I have to say, that I wouldn't rather just shut up and do. AniD

No, those of us who haven't had depression can't ever really understand, but that doesn't stop us from caring and wanting to try to understand as best as we could. The same could be said for so many things - you can't ever truly understand what pregnancy or giving birth or a period feels like but it doesn't stop you from trying... The same with depression/happiness too....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

thatsthat
    Yeah I know I'm lucky my wife is has stuck with me through it all, all these years. Didn't mean for it to sound ungrateful. She's the best

Have you told her that recently?