Hi Paula,

I didn't know you could be referred to a psychiatrist for social anxiety and depression on the NHS, so thanks for that info. I went for an appointment just a couple of days ago and spoke with my GP about the options then. She's only ever suggested CBT as a non-pharmaceutical option and only for a limited number of sessions each time. Getting to a hospital or anything like that other than the surgery isn't easy for me, particularly now, so maybe this is why she hasn't suggested a psychiatrist or psychologist. The social anxiety is the main issue for me as that's usually why I'm depressed. I realise I may be sounding stupid/naive, but I've been like this for a long time and really have tried most things that seem to be available.

I'm going to see the GP again in a month to discuss whether or not I want to try the Seroxat, so I'll ask again if there's any other options available, but I can't say I'm overly hopeful. I hope I don't sound rude or dismissive, I'm not meaning to and appreciate you taking the time to reply. It's just a frustrating situation for me.