Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Recovery thread

I think I'm getting a cold. I have a doctors appointment in the morning. I think we will discuss my meds but I don't think she will have any intention of getting me off any of them. I wonder how long I can be taking lithium for? I think it is about seventeen years. My middle finger joints have hurt today and I felt cold in Church. Lunch was good I had nut roast and the family had belly pork. I'm still eating the Christmas pudding. I had a snooze in the conservatory listening to choral evensong.
    There are 'dark' areas in my thinking. I expect we all have them? When I have been ill and have needed other medication I think that these areas have been blotted out. I also think that these are my creative side and my emotions. I don't ever want to block them out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ElizabethJane1 For This Useful Post:

magie06 (18-01-16)

I've never been told that there's a limit on how long I can stay on lithium, and got the impression that there's little chance that I will come off it. Obviously, the potential for kidney problems is a concern, but as long as we're being sensible and having our bloods done regularly, personally I think the benefits outweigh the risks.

I was googling to see if I could find anything on maximum length of time spent on lithium (I couldn't find anything) and found out that lithium was one of the ingredients of the first 7-up drinks
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

ElizabethJane1 (18-01-16)

If you need the meds then surely thete is little chance of coming off them? My mind definitely wanders into dark places, but I feel it's the Depression which stifles my creativity, not the meds.

Do you want to come off your meds?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I don't think it is a question of coming off them. I will continue to take lithium until something happens in my body that prevents me from taking it is toxicity or kidney or thyroid problems or liver function. I had a positive doctors appointment with my GP agreeing to give me six weeks worth of pills rather than a month. I would run out on the old system as it usually takes two days for the doctors to process the prescription and then another two days for the pharmacy to receive it and process it.
    If I reminded myself how ill I have become without meds then that would be w good enough reason to stay on them. This is the longest I have stayed well without remission.

Then that's brilliant and long may it last!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Yes, long may it last! And that's great on getting them for six weeks rather than four.

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Today one of the girls from the day centre asked me if I had a plan as to what I will do when I'm better. It never struck me before, what will I do? I've got a great starting point, because I'm doing the maths course in the training centre, and my other course on mentalizing. I'll have other courses that I'll be interested in doing in the future. I'm sure I will be able to call back to the day centre if I need to.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

ElizabethJane1 (19-01-16)

I've sat in the car tonight for an hour and a quarter trying to get to my osteopath appointment. I was late so I only had a quarter of an hour. He worked on my lower back and will charge me for the full session. I've had an exhausting day which I've coped really well with. The cooking part of my job is a doddle it is all the tidying up. There is loads of it and no help! Moan over. I'm going to have some hypnosis to treat my nightmares but I'm unsure when and how much it will cost.
    In my local paper there was an article about positive thinking which I'm going to cut out and keep. Payday next week. It has been a long month.

Not feeling terribly brilliant but remaining positive and sticking with it xx