Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice *Triggers*

IronTarkus
    Hi all,

Firstly thanks for all of the advice, it's really nice of you all. Just thought I'd write a quick post to let you guys know I called up early this morning and explained it was urgent and that even though I'd wanted to see one doctor in particular (he was the one I used to see a lot so I felt most comfortable talking to him) I'd basically be happy to see anyone as my actual appointment felt way to far away and I managed to get in at 5 this evening.

The doctor I saw was really nice and understanding even when I explained I really didn't want to see a psychiatrist or psychologist. She prescribed me that same medication I used to be on so lots of head meds for the foreseeable future. The only thing I'm not too sure about taking is the Zopiclone because I get the horrible side effect from it so my mouth always tastes like I'm sucking on a 2p coin and everything I eat for the first few hours of being awake tastes really bitter.

Anyway just thought I'd let everyone know there was a 'happy' ending and again thanks for the advice, I'm glad I didn't take those pills and that I waited until today.

Well done
    I think Zoplicone is to be used as required isn't it, rather than every night?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

magie06 (11-01-16)

That's brilliant! Well done for sorting it and going!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

IronTarkus
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Well done
    I think Zoplicone is to be used as required isn't it, rather than every night?
    I'm not sure... I didn't have it explained to me today as I think maybe the doctor though that because I'd been on them before I knew already? But I don't actually remember all that much from that time as it was very emotional and I was also always on pills and I was also 'self medicating'.

You are probably right though so I think I might just take them for the next few days and see how it goes from there. My doctor split my prescriptions down so I have to collect it weekly and told me to come back in two weeks so if I am sleeping better by then then I'll see about stopping the Zopiclone all together.

Well done, that's really good to hear.

Just a small warning, if you're taking zopiclone every night, you may need to stagger coming of them - so talk to your dr first
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You definitely need to take the Mirtazapine and Pregabalin as directed, every day. The Mirtazapine is probably meant to be taken at night and the Pregabalin is probably taken twice a day. Check the labels though for your specific instructions.
    I've never taken Zoplicone but again the label should say.
    Steer well clear of alcohol for the next four weeks or so while you adjust to the meds, and any other self-medicating you might have been doing.
    Remember we are here if you need support.

Pregabalin 2 ce a day with 12 hour breaks..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

batdaunao
    When are you seeing your doctor? If you haven't made an appointment can you call first thing tomorrow and make a same-day appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by batdaunao View Post
    When are you seeing your doctor? If you haven't made an appointment can you call first thing tomorrow and make a same-day appointment?
    Hi, good to meet you. When you feel ready, it'd be lovely if you could let us know a bit about yourself, perhaps in the intro section of the forum? And feel free to have a mooch around the forum, I hope you'll see we're a friendly bunch
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

IronTarkus
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Hi, good to meet you. When you feel ready, it'd be lovely if you could let us know a bit about yourself, perhaps in the intro section of the forum? And feel free to have a mooch around the forum, I hope you'll see we're a friendly bunch
    Hi, it's nice to meet you too that sounds like a good idea and from this post at least, it seems people are quite happy to help which is really nice.