Thread: Media Request: Depression in one sentence

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JL-

Media Request: Depression in one sentence

Hi all, I need your input.

Today I found out that an old friend committed suicide after a long battle with depression. I can not sleep. My mind is a whirlwind. Even though I've suffered from 'it' for over 10 years, it made me remember that you can never quite understand or recognise it when it comes to other people, yet so many of us have encountered and become limp from depression. It is different for every one of us.

I am a graphic designer and have decided to create, self publish and distribute a zine (niche magazine) on the experiences of mental health -- we need to make it 'accepted' and understood so people will not feel ashamed and alone. Thus, I would be grateful if you could all give me a sentence on what depression was or felt like to YOU. Anonymity will be kept if wished. However, if you do wish to make yourself known please leave your name and age I hope to publish (alongside with illustrations) this towards the end of the month and really appreciate your contributions. Once published I will happily send copies out.

Thank you all,

Jenny x

My sentence: Depression is a mental cancer.
    Last edited by Suzi; 04-01-16 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Approved by Suzi after contact from JL.