Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss thread 2016

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I lost a pound today too! It fell out of my pocket!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Paula (18-03-16)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    PS. Well done Paula!!!!

Well done!

Last week I lost 3.3 kgs and this week I've lost 5.3kg (apparently food poisoning is a great diet aid, although I wouldn't recommend it!)
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

That's a lot Suzi. But like you said, not a great way to lose it.

Definitely not! But generally I'm walking more and eating better

I have been trying to loose weight for over three years. Been on and off slimming world. At first I did really well. I lost nearly 2 st in total. But then put back on a st. I rejoined in January and it's been slow. I was 6.5lb down too weeks ago. Then I got ill with tonsillitis and hardly ate for a few days so I assumed I lost weight. According to hospital scales I had lost 5lb. But since I have been out of hospital on Tuesday I can't face cooking and I have lost my appetite. I have been eating plain bread and toast. Cake and biscuits so I will probably put back on anything I lost. I have completely lost motivation and think I need to stop slimming world once my 12 week countdown expires in April. I think if I just concentrate on healthy eating with exercise then I should be ok. Slimming world is good for the healthy eating but I have gone off all the artificial aspects eg the sweetener, 0% yogurts jellies etc. I have make sw cakes with sweetener and it's just not right. They work for some people. But I need proper cake and biscuits and chocolate. I hate having to restrict myself. And at the moment at least I am eating something is anything. Once I find my appetite I am sure I will get back into cooking proper meals. On the positive side I joined a women's only exercise class back in October which has been the best thing I have done and it's been such a laugh and great meeting new people. I have also been walking more since we have been without a car (that's another story. It got wrote off but no one hurt). I am looking forward to sunshine and spring without rain so can get out more for walks in the park. Bring on the sunshine.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shine For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (20-03-16),OldMike (19-03-16),Paula (20-03-16),Suzi (19-03-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Well done!

Last week I lost 3.3 kgs and this week I've lost 5.3kg (apparently food poisoning is a great diet aid, although I wouldn't recommend it!)
    How are you feeling, lovely?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Much, much better than I was thanks. The pulled muscles are horrible, but I can drink and eat again! lol

Shine - that post sounds so sensible!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (20-03-16)

I popped into slimming world tonight just to get weighed but I didn't stay for group. Over the last two weeks I lost 2.5lbs. I reckon I lost more last week when I wasn't well but put some of it back on this week when I started eating toast, cake and biscuits. I am not worrying too much at the moment. Just glad I am able to eat again.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shine For This Useful Post:

Paula (21-03-16),Suzi (21-03-16)

Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    I am pulling this thread out of hibernation.

Last year I got down to 14st 6lbs.
    Today I weighed myself and I am 16st 7lbs. Goal weight is 11st. Let the challenge begin.

Fun and effective ways to lose weight are very welcome on this thread. Anyone who wants to join in is very welcome. You do a weekly weigh in and it can get a bit competitive over who loses the most each week. And we can cheer each other along!

Who's in?
    I am now 17stone 2lbs, so I've gained half a stone since this thread was started.
    This month so far I have walked 57km (35 miles) in 12.5 hours. I am doing everything right but my weight keeps increasing.

I am considering joining Slimming World.