Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss thread 2016

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    I completely second Suzi's idea.

I actually love that idea so much I might try it myself.

Jecro
    I'm desperately trying to lose weight and get fitter as it got to the stage that I got out of breath walking from the car to the school gates and once again I've had to buy more clothes as don't fit in my old ones. I can be good during the day but it's in the evening I really really struggle. I mindlessly binge eat it's like a compulsion to stuff as much into me as possible. It's worse when I'm down but it also happens when I'm feeling okey. Does anyone have any ideas or ways of coping in the evenings it's just so easy to do I watch tv or read on my own as I don't like the tv proframmes my husband watches (too violent and American) I sleep a awful lot to cope with my depression and stick to the house unless absolutely necessary to go out. Thanks for listening. Jenn xx

Anna
    Jenn, I sympathise with you, it is really difficult when you spend lots of time at home, are depressed and bored. I had a real problem with this in the past, but seem to have it more under control these days (touch wood). Food can be comforting (at least while you're eating) and eating passes the time. Like you it could happen when I was depressed or OK. I think the best way to deal with it is distraction and by doing things you enjoy to fill your time, but when you're at home a lot I know everything can get boring sometimes. I've found doing some kind of exercise every day really helps, it seems to set me up so I feel stronger mentally/have a better mindset and am less likely to binge, even a short, brisk walk or an exercise video on YouTube. Also, I'm no expert but I've found that cutting down on bread and wheat has really helped me too. I think my blood sugar levels used to be all over the place and eating fewer refined carbs (and more regular meals) has really helped with that. Sorry I can't be of more help x

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Could you try going for a short walk? You can gradually increase the distance as your body gets used to it and the fresh air and exercise might help relax you. Can you knit or crochet? That would keep you focused and keep your mind busy. Adult colouring books are relaxing too.

I crochet. It keeps my hands busy
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Jecro
    Hi, thanks for your ideas and understanding. My husband moved the treadmill into the dining room out of the garage last weekend and I'm really trying to go on it every day for at least 15mins (managed 3 X last week as feeling down got in the way a bit as I had a bad episode on Monday when I foolishly ran t of my tablets so this week not been the week for trying too hard if you know what I mean). I don't feel comfortable going out of the house for a walk yet, I'm so obese and uncomfortable I'm too embarrassed to be seen, but my plan is to try once I've lost a bit of weight and feel fitter from the treadmill. Ive cut down on my bread intake and generally eating better foods but found some crunchie nut cornflakes in the cereal cuboard last night and had a huge bowl this was after I'd had some weetabix too so even if I don't get the crisps and biscuits in I will still find something if I'm weak! I will give the colouring books ago (I'm not too good at knitting or crocheting) I do have s a couple and some pencil crayons. Not a good day today I'm a bit all over the place haven't been able to sleep like I normally do as there's some building work going on and lots of dogs barking everywhere. I'm still in my Pjs , husband has taken my son over to his Nannas. Thanks again for being there. Xxx

I am quite sure you aren't nearly a obese as you think you are. There's a group of us trying to get healthy by doing some exercise and making some changes to our diet. You'd be welcome to join us?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Jenn, I'm really obese too so I know exactly what you mean. Invest in a wii! You have to move with a lot of the games on there and it's good fun too so it's something you could maybe do with your son so it feels less like exercise itms?

It's been a while, but I've lost another lb - 6lb down now
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.