Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss balloon.....

I think you can only get it privately right now so there would be a bit of a cost involved. But Purplefan, do you really need something like this? I think it would massively restrict your calorie intake and might be for people who are more overweight.

I agree with Rose, it sounds like it's not for people who have only got a few lbs to lose
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I started to read about those balloons, just out of interest. Some horror stories out there. I know people are desperate to lose weight, but in think on the long run, it will only be through change of life style and hard work.

Yes, but this is meant to help as a kick start..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I tried changing my diet and exercising and I put on weight. And meds have played such a huge factor in my weight gain.
    I think this option is good for people who are finding it hard to get going.
    And depression certainly makes it hard to get going.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

magie06 (27-12-15)

Please make sure you do proper research and be prepared it won't work. Rose you said yourself, you changed diet and exercised. It didn't help. In your case it's due to meds. I just can't see how a balloon will help then cause you did the thing the balloon will do which basically eat less. I am not saying don't do it. If it helps great, just be aware of possible side effects.

The problem with my meds is that they make me feel more hungry more often. I don't even realise how much I eat, and when I try to eat small portions I am just miserable and hungry. My body is constantly saying 'you're hungry woman, eat!' and its hard to stay on top of.
    I will definitely do proper research, its probably not cheap so the cost would hold me back from any rash decisions.

After my initial scepticism, I have to say, it's something that I'd be interested in. I lost 2 stone last year and I've got 5 more to loose so maybe the balloon might kick start my weight loss again. If it's only for 4 months then I would give it a go, and if I had a noticeable weight loss, then I would be interested in it. It's going to be expensive I'd say, and it will not be covered by insurance or private health.

Do you have a natural "I am full" feeling with the meds?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha340 View Post
    Do you have a natural "I am full" feeling with the meds?
    Erm... nope. I have an 'eat, eat, eat!' feeling a lot of the day, especially when the dose is changing.

Magie - I have just read with traditional balloons (which have to be removed surgically) you can be looking at 3 stone over 6 months. This one is 4 months, so I am guessing 2 - 2.5 stone.