Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prescriptions during the holiday period

EJ
    Mine are all messed up so I'm going to see my GP on the 22nd. They will only allow me one months supply and won't let me order early. Do they think I'm going to overdose on lithium arrgh?

Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Just wanted to bump this up to the top to remind everyone.

I've got the paper prescription for my usual meds which I'll go and get tomorrow, although I have enough to last me a few more days.
    I am still chasing the private prescription for Diazepam as I have almost run out. Its supposed to be sent to my pharmacy for me. Sigh.

My doctor is closed from tomorrow (Thursday) and will reopen on Wednesday of next week. My prescription is due about the 16th of the month, so I'm okay over the holidays. Hope I don't need anything extra over the weekend.

If you do, remember there are often out of hours services you can call. There is a doctors surgery near me that is open every day, including Christmas Day! I had to take OH there a couple of years ago. Much quicker and more suitable than going to A&E.
    I just got a call my Diazepam is ready to be collected, hoorah.

Hooray for that. There is an out of hours service here called Westdoc that are available when the regular doctor is closed. It's a great service and one that I've had to use in the past. They also have the list of pharmacies that are open, which is probably a good idea too.

In London, there is a pharmacy that's always open. Here are the details: http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1171/18829.php
    Never used it myself, but I am very glad it's there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Suzi (23-12-15)

EJ
    When I was ill recently with breathing problems I dialled 111. I got through to a triage call handler who was very good. A doctor called me within the hour and I went up to the hospital in my PJs. I was dealt with very quickly and efficiently. OH went to collect my prescription today so I won't run out over the holidays. My lithium levels were fine 0.77 I think.

I picked up my meds this evening. Sounds like we are all organised!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Suzi (23-12-15)

I forgot and just found out my chemist is not open till Tuesday. have to go a day without any meds but i feel ok about it.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.