Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with benefits.

Help with benefits.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/

I thought this page was very useful. it can calculate what sort of benefits you are entitled to and helps you with grants etc. Also how to save money. Dont know where to post this but it might be useful to someone.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.

Maybe the Forum: Questions/Information about depression would be better, not sure.
    I'm sure the Purple Boss Lady will direct you to the right place.

Thanks Purple for posting, it should help the DWDers.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

According to that I am entitled to more than I could realistically be earning if I was working!!! No wonder folk get annoyed with benefit scroungers
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

purplefan (12-12-15)

I still don't qualify for any benefits.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.

It's the PiP which makes a huge difference for me
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

purplefan (12-12-15)

I get the old age pension plus got £200 winter heating allowance to keep us oldies warm.

@Stella what is PiP apart from the seeds in apples.

Ah good old google:- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) helps with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability if you’re aged 16 to 64.

Think maybe I should change my age to 60 and apply for that.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Turn2us is the calculator the CAB use, so it's very good

Not all benefits are means tested. I'm in ESA support group which means it's not means tested nor do I have to look for work (cos I'm not up to it), and also have DLA which is the prequel to PiP - which I'm being assessed for now. DLA and PiP aren't means tested either because they're benefits designed to recognise that your disability causes you additional costs - so 'reimburses' you for those additional costs
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Interesting - it says I am not entitled to anything, including PIP.

I admit I feel awful about the level of benefit I'm entitled to. These people in the waiting room yesterday didn't help. I here stories all over about people who are a lot worse off than me being refused benefits and I feel like a fraud in reciept of money more desperately needed elsewhere. I've not worked for 5 yrs and the majority of that time I have been claiming but I would love to find work and be able to contribute to society again and on my good days there is no reason in this world why i couldn't make the effort to go to work. Plenty of people on this forum are able to work with the same illness I have. I'm being assessed on my worst days and yes its right that on bad days I can barely look after my own basic needs never mind hold down a job but the rest of the time am no better than the other 'lazy fat people who work the system'
    J. M. Barrie

I feel very uncomfortable about claiming benefits. Yes, some people can work, others, like me, can't. Not at the moment anyway.