Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Online games (MMORPG's)

Online games (MMORPG's)

Do any of you guy's play MMORPG's (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games)?

Here are some I've played in the past:

~ Fairyland (Original version) (Where the fantasy begins)
    ~ Rappelz (Dark fantasy) sure was fun
    ~ Perfect World International (PWI) (Fantasy)
    ~ Flyff (Anime) enjoyed playing it

Currently playing though bit of inactivity recently:
    ~ Perfect World International - European server

I've noticed there's the usual gaming cliches like ridiculously large weapons.
    Female characters (avatars) (mostly played by guys) who are very well endowed.
    The better the female armor the less there is of it (as though a bikini can protect you from a rampaging beast).
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    My son plays games online a lot, though mainly through Steam, he has a few hundred games and has just got his gaming tower up and running. He also goes to college and is doing a game design course, so doing the story line, the design and drawing, the modelling then making the game so it is playable.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

OldMike (12-12-15)

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    I have been playing MMORPG's for over 10 years now. I started with Final fantasy XI which I played for 8 years. and now play Final fantasy XIV A realme reborn. Both those games had a monthly subscription fee around £10 a month but they added new content regulary. They are not easy to pick up for a none gamer but what Square Enix (the game publisher) do keep the tradition of the final fantasy game series (now in its 27th year) is a great narrative and storyline with many plot shocks, bringing in humour, pain, emotion and shock. You basically pay for what you get and the version I play now (XIV ARR) they have done fan festivals of which I went to in London last year and got my picture with the director of the game) lots of goodies, and met alot of people from in game I have fought alongside theres a big community for it along with the usual positive and negative personalities. A forum is there for players to discuss and the development team are there as well listening. What has drawn FFXIV away from most MMORPG's is the involvement of teh development team with regular monthly video letters from teh producers showing snippets of upcoming content etc.. If you want to know the difference between a payed MMO and a free MMO jsut ask yourself how much money you have to put into it to advance. A free MMO best weapons armour etc you have to buy or whats called Pay to win, with a subscription MMO there is none of this and you earn the higher class stuff by working on it in game.

Oh and who could not like my cute Lalafell Little Brick Architect

And yes you can even be married in game like this screenshot of a real life husband and wife doing their vowles again on their 5th wedding aniversary.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarre For This Useful Post:

OldMike (12-12-15)

I played FFXIV for about a month then stopped. when I needed to pay monthly.

As you say you can pay a fortune buying weapons, armor and other items from the online shop for some of the so called free MMO's.
    If you are seriously in to MMO's the monthly subscription is best FFXIV, World of Warcraft, etc.
    For more casual gamers like me the free option is best though progress is very much slower and eventually progress becomes so slow that gaming loses its appeal.

I've got to laugh at the marriage systems in these games you usually get more experience points etc if you party as a married couple.

It's great your son is doing a game design course you must be very proud of him.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I am still playing sonic the hedgehog on my sega mega drive.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

OldMike (12-12-15)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Sonic is awesome!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

OldMike (12-12-15),purplefan (12-12-15)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I am proud of him Mike
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

OldMike (12-12-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Sonic is awesome!!!!
    Tails can be a bit annoying.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I always play with Sonic only.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

purplefan (14-12-15)

I have a game called Alex the kid witch is Quite annoying. its only 8 bits but i can still paly it brilliant level game. Sonic is the best although i do like mario.