Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips for Sertraline

I've got a combination you wouldn't believe! Side effects do generally pass but it's trial and error with meds. Hopefully Sertraline will do the trick for you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

I take 50mg of sertraline a day to ward off the worst effects of SAD (50mg every other day wasn't quite enough).

For me it took months to take effect, was beginning to think it would never work then it kicked in and things started to improve.

As Paula said it is just trial and error.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Phil0s0raptor
    I'm glad it worked for you in the end
    I will stick with it, already seen some improvement so hoping it gets even better

Glad you are seeing improvement.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Chihuahua Mum
    I don't have any experience of taking anything other than Sertraline. My advice would be to start it at the weekend as it gave me the most awful diarroeah. It only lasted for the day ( I still have a bit of a dodgy tum after taking it for 4 months but only first thing in the morning). This was not good as I was at work at the time!

I used to take Sertraline, and you have just reminded me about the dodgy tummy part. I used to take Imodium every day (prescribed by the GP).

Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    I used to take Sertraline, and you have just reminded me about the dodgy tummy part. I used to take Imodium every day (prescribed by the GP).
    That reminded me of many years ago when I first started taking Sertraline I seem to recall I suffered from bad heartburn think the doc prescribed Gaviscon not sure if that's spelled correctly. I'd completely forgotten that till I saw this post.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

batdaunao
    My experience was that Citalopram worked for me for years, but it stopped working and I switched to Sertraline.