Thread: Warning on turn2me.org

April_is_beautiful

Warning on turn2me.org

I registered for an online support group and received and email to click a link near the time of the session. I clicked the link and it was incorrect and gave me server not found. They said look out for a green button on the website to click on and join and no such button appeared. I emailed technical support 5 mins into the session to explain my issues and to apologize for not being able to join even though it wasn't my fault. I've had no reply since last week. Total waste of time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to April_is_beautiful For This Useful Post:

OldMike (21-12-15)

Thanks for the warning - maybe they are just really busy?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

April_is_beautiful
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Thanks for the warning - maybe they are just really busy?
    I'm sure they are but to not get the technical stuff right for already vulnerable people isn't good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to April_is_beautiful For This Useful Post:

OldMike (21-12-15)

Things go wrong, April. Just today, I was doing my shift with Citizens Advice and the servers went down. There was nothing I could do but wait
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I know you mean. It is frustrating when things don't go the way you expect and its was to feel let down but some things are out of the control of these trying to help but I m sure its as frustrating at their end being unable to help you as it is for you to not recieve it.

April_is_beautiful
    I understand that, technical problems happen all the time. But why not reply to my email pointing out the problems?

Is it possible that, if there was a tech problem, the message never got through to them?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

April_is_beautiful
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Is it possible that, if there was a tech problem, the message never got through to them?
    I guess it depends on how they've set up their servers. Considering their website was up and running at the time of the session and has been up since, no notices of any technical problems either so highly unlikely. It is possible that their contact form data is going into the ether. There's no phone number to contact anyone on to clarify anything.

April_is_beautiful
    I can't seem to edit my post so I'm posting an update here.

I got an email reply one week later saying they had issues with the email link and to try through their website instead. I replied stating that even through the website I still couldn't log in and explained which browser I was using. I guess I won't get a response until the new year.

No you won't be able to edit your post, but one of us can always help you if you want.
    Hope you do hear soon x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!