Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Who fans

Dr. Who fans

I was a bit disjointed in the new dr.who but i am really looking forward to seeing the new series on Saturday. I am desperet to find out who the character Maisie Williams is playing.
    She obviously knows him and i think she is his Granddaughter susan foreman who we last seen in the william Hartnel Dr.who and the Daleks invasion of Earth. She called the Dr. "Old man" and he is surprised to see her and in the book Susan called him "Old man" at the end.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I'm almost wetting myself in excitement! Would be so cool to see Susan back. As long as they don't do another episode like Love and Monsters, that was awful!

I quite enjoyed that. Fair enough it was not up to the usual standard but i really warmed to Elton pope who ended up being in love with a piece of concrete.
    The first series with Eccleston needed time to settle it was a bit hit and miss but i sis not get the whole Bad wolf thing. Good ending though.
    I hope we go back to basic in this series. I want to see good old stories and not to get bogged down on special effects. Looking forward to seeing some new monsters.

I loved The Girl In The Fireplace. That was an awesome episode. But what's with the obsession with the daleks? I know they're a huge part of Who lore and I know I've not seen a lot of the older episodes but surely there are other planets and other races he can meet?

Totally agree. I do hope that will happen in this series. I guess as you say it is lore but there were far better monsters. Ice warriors for example and i was genuinely scared by the autons.

I really enjoyed 42 out of the newer ones. I only have a handful of the older ones so don't really have a lot to go one. An Unearthly Child was amazing though

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

purplefan (17-09-15)

I hope we get to see a more Darker doctor in this series. The story with Matt smith and John Hurt in the name of the doctor was brilliant. More stories like that please.

I'm still not sold on Cappaldi tbh... I love Doctor Who and we watch it as a family, but I still think David Tennant is "our Doctor" itms?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Derek Jacobi as the Master! He was brilliant but John Simm brought that sense of insanity to the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I'm still not sold on Cappaldi tbh... I love Doctor Who and we watch it as a family, but I still think David Tennant is "our Doctor" itms?
    I liked matt smith. Thought he was brilliant.