Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reducing venalfaxine

Hi Rose. Have they given you anything to help with the withdrawal. How long have you been withdrawing for. These headaches are horrible and debilitating. Hope you are ok

Hello, yes they have given me Valium. I was on higher doses before and went down to 37.5 for months. Now I am just withdrawing from 37.5mg. Doing ok I think after a few days of feeling a bit like I have flu. How are you doing?

It's been over a month since I reduced my dosage. I am now on 187.5mg a day. I am proud of myself for doing it. The first two weeks were the hardest but I stuck with it. The thing is I am absolutely dreading anymore reduction so I think I will remain on this dose for a while until I am ready. The headaches are still not great. I have a constant pain now at top right of head. I have no idea if the headaches are caused by the venalfaxine or a few other possibilities I am investigating. But they are really getting to me and sometimes it's a battle to not let it get me down or stop me with my plans. I am awake now with this head pain and hoping to get back to sleep soon.

How are you managing Rose, with your withdrawal.

Hi Shine, I am off it totally. I was on the lowest dose. I was told it would take a week to withdraw from it; that week was not too bad, then a week later it hit me and I was crying, really anxious, in a total state. I was also starting another medication so it was double trouble.

Do painkillers help with the headache?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

shine (12-10-15)

Are you able to take painkillers for your headache?
    Are you talking to your GP etc about this constant headache?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

shine (12-10-15)

Wow Rose, well done for managing it. I know it was hard but you did it. That second week sounds thought.

Yes Suzi, I am in contact with GP. I had a blood test Fri and having eye test tomorrow just to rule anything else out. Today I had acupuncture (reduced rate through work). I had about 8 sessions last spring/ summer and it really helped so I thought it's worth another try.

Glad that acupuncture helps! Glad you're being totally checked out too!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!