Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Medication Review: Pregabalin/Lyrica

Mrs-Darling
    He's pretty switched on my GP but I'm going back to see him on Friday so I'll list the side effects I'm having and talk to him about them. I'm thinking of going back down to 450mg as I don't think I noticed the water retention so much at that dose. I've just ordered a big tub of Epsom salts as they're supposed to be really good for aches and pains and helping withdraw toxins. Thanks Suzi. Hope you're well x

I have just started to take my new dose of pregabilin and i am feeling very anxious during the afternoons. I used to take the tablets three times a day now i only take them twice but with a higher dose. 75mg.
    I found yesterday that i was very anxious and could not wait till i got out the stadium. I was in a panic inside. but i think it will take time for the new dose to take effect. I find that if i take my morning pregablin at 9am by 2pm i am starting to feel shaky. By 5pm i almost have to take another tablet. So i am going to have to work out the best way to take them.
    I am thinking of giving up my morning pregailin and taking them in the afternoon and evening but when i go out i find i am a bit shaky.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Pregabalin is used for anxiety as well as pain. You've only been on the changed dose for a little while, Hunni please just give it some time before changing what the Dr has told you to do
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Please talk to your Dr first - I was told you should have at least 12 hours between the higher dose itms? I take mine when I get up at 6 and then again at 6 in the evening.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I've just started on this (25mg a day) and as usual I didn't read the leaflet that came with it because I knew that would put me off taking them.
    Now I have read that in some cases it can cause increased anxiety and suicidal thoughts. Might explain the rough weekend I've had.
    I'll let you know how I get on.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Talk to your pdoc hun about that x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

john d
    I've been on pregabalin for a few years now and found it very helpfull.from my experience side effect do subside after time

I have been on this for a few years. It has helped with my anxiety as don't have panic attacks like I used to. I take 75mg twice a day so 150mg total. The only thing is I am convinced it's makes me really hungry which Is why I struggle to loose weight and I so easily gain weight.

I know a few members take this for anxiety and/or pain. I am currently taking 125mg, been on this dose about 5 days.
    I suddenly feel very thirsty and the inside of my mouth feels tender, like I've burnt it, but I don't recall burning it. Has anyone had this?
    If it continues I'll be discussing it with my pdoc, but just wondered if anyone had had similar.

Yes, though it improved and my mouth is now not so sore, but it does get very dry. I drink a lot ......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.