Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medication Review: Pregabalin/Lyrica

Medication Review: Pregabalin/Lyrica

Name of medication: Pregabalin/Lyrica

Link to patient information: http://patient.info/medicine/pregabalin-lyrica

**Please note all following information is based on individual members experiences.
    **Any side effects or any questions should ALWAYS be directed to your own medical team.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mrs-Darling
    Thanks Suzi.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs-Darling For This Useful Post:

Suzi (07-08-15)

Mrs-Darling
    I've just had my Pregabalin upped from 150 x2 daily to 225 x2 daily and yesterday was the first day in ages that I actually wanted to leave the house! Just went to the shops at the end of my street but I didn't have to take diazepam to do it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs-Darling For This Useful Post:

Suzi (08-08-15)

Mrs-Darling
    Just to add, I. Feeling a bit wobbly on the increase so it took me a while but I didn't get the tremor that I developed when I first started taking it.

That's brilliant news!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Fantastic!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mrs-Darling
    Having some really unwanted side effects since increasing to 600mg. The worst being terrible water retention and feeling really swollen. I've got cankles now! Plus my muscle and joint pain has increased and I get some quite serious pain just from short walks, although some of this is because I don't really get any exercise. I've gained a significant amount of weight and my stomach is always distended, particularly after eating. I'm being careful (most of the time apart from weekends when I get my chocolate fix) about what I eat having a big salad for my main meal. Does anyone else have any of these side effects and if so, do you have any tips on how to counteract them!

My dose isn't that high, but I do get the swelling and the weight gain so I sympathise. For me I've always found walking more actually helps with the swelling and water retention - but then so does drinking more water!

Mrs-Darling
    I'd love to do some more walking but I'm in so much pain that I find it difficult to motivate myself to get out more. I have to dose myself up on diazepam or oxycodone and even then my legs, back and hips really hurt. I have been drinking lots but with cordial added to the water so now I'm going to try without to see if that helps.

Have you used Epsom salts for bathing in at all?

I can't get into a bath any more lovely, so no I haven't although I know a lot of people who swear by it or magnesium spray. Really I think you need to go back and see your GP and tell them how bad things really are.
    Are you still on the butrans patches too? It's just it still is coming up as a major interaction http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactio...&generic_only=