Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: On the move!

It'll actually be easier to keep track of it all hun... Write it out and then you know what you have to take and when...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

75mg of Fluoxetine instead of 2 x 20mg of Fluoxetine.... ermm, I'd check that if I were you!?

75mg??? Fluoxetine usually comes in 20mg capsules don't they?

I just checked this morning. Its 40mg fluoxitine. Sorry.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Suzi (06-09-15)

Iam finding being in recovery more of a challenge than i had anticipated. For one thing i nave now noticed how much of my conversations in church has centered round my depression. Now that im not talking about it i found myself last Sunday telling people i would rather talk about something else other than my depression.
    Wondered if any of you guys had the same experience.

Yes. But that's a good thing, surely? Tho it's hard sometimes to remember how to have a conversation that didn't involve my health ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

purplefan (03-11-15)

I am constantly worried about my medication and that i am taking the correct ones, so i am memorizing them. I have stella medical app on my phone and i write them down everywhere. My next phase in recovery is to stop talking about health issues. I was reading Elijah and he had a serious problem with depression yet he still managed to find strength to serve God.

It's brilliant that you can talk about it to those around you!
    I think that it'll be OK hunni, the more you get out and do different things the more varied your conversation will be.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Angie (03-11-15),purplefan (03-11-15)

Today i am just having a relaxing day and writing my story. Really though i am scared that if i adit i am getting better then i will be left to fend for myself. That is my biggest worry. I have to admit that i like going to the G.P. and the pdoc and the arthritis doc and even the dietitian because it was something to do. I am retired and i find that not working is a challenge. I have gotten involved in a couple of things like my art class and writing class and the outreach at the church but in all honesty i miss the market life. After all i was 35 years there man and boy and now all i have is my memories. Perhaps i will write a book on my experience as a market trader when i finish my short story. As i said: "the biggest fear is being alone".

It took me years to accept I couldn't work (I was on my way to the hospital to do my voluntary shift). I stopped off to pick up my meds and had a complete breakdown, right there in the shop in front of everyone, shouting at the manager then collapsing. Like you, I was a busy person. Over the years I've found things I could do without too much impact on my mental health, and so will you - you're already doing so. Just make sure you don't do too much ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.