Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: On the move!

You are absolutely right Paula and I have to stop thinking like that.
    As I said I am the sort of person who needs to be reassured. I lack self confidence. I would never ever put my son and maxine in a position where they would feel bad because I did not take my medication.
    It is selfish and wrong.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

And yet so willing to see what you need to change, lovely, and that's what I love about you. Just keep going with the alarms for when you need your meds, and try to remember that this is one area you can really have control of your illness
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Angie (02-09-15),S deleted (02-09-15),Suzi (02-09-15)

Tomorrow I am going to talk to the pharmacy and see if they have anything that could help me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

rose (03-09-15)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    That sounds like a really good idea hunni x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Hope you get something sorted with the pharmacist hunni x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

All they had was the little plastic tray. I am going to look on line to see but to be honest i think the best way is stellas app. I just have to take them when the alarm goes off.

My grandfather has those trays, with plastic pockets for morning, lunch, dinner and bedtime. They really help him because he has so many pills to take. The pockets can be removed, so if he is out and about he has got his medication with him (and not the whole tray because that would be inconvenient). Then its just a case of getting into a routine of knowing the times you take your meds and getting them from the little pockets; his coincide with meals and bedtime so as long as he remembers to eat and go to bed then he remembers to take his meds. You might want to give the trays a go.... I am not sure how many pills and what times you have to take them but I imagine you take your diabetic medication with each meal and something for depression at bedtime or breakfast?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

purplefan (04-09-15)

Roses suggestion sound like what I've got. They're invaluable for me esp as I have to take meds 4 times a day - I'd recommend it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I've got to make mine up tonight for next week (I do it on a Thursday so I can get prescriptions sorted etc on a Friday if there's a problem) and I have a leather look wallet with a stick in it for each day. Each stick is broken into 4 compartments - one for each time I take my meds and I have an alarm that goes off on my phone for each time I take it. It also means that I can see if I've missed or am late with a dose too. If it helps I'll take a pic if you want?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I just received a letter from my G.P telling me they are going to cut down the number of tablets i am taking by increasing the dose the main change is my pregabilan witch i take three times a day. They want to increase it to 75mg to bee taken twice a day and they are also going to change my double dose of fluoxitine to 75g once a day. Now i am really confused LOL.