Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: On the move!

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    The thing is PF, that your son is not going to abandon you and he hasn't done this, he has done nothing but try and consider you and help you, but you have to start to help yourself which you are doing in some respects, such as going to the hypnotherapist for your nightmares, the writing club and art club which is great, but you said that you feel your son abandoned you because after going to the football with you he didn't go to the pub with you, that is so wrong, he took time to go to the football with you, but he also has Maxine and Chloe and the new baby, and he is only one person, he also needs to spend time with them when he is not working.
    I think that even though being in the Sanctuary did you a lot of good and was the right place for you at the time, that you did have a lot done for you there such as your meds etc, and now that you don't have that your struggling to do things for yourself as you had become reliant on others doing it for you.
    Chemists can collect prescription from gp's and also deliver them to you, have you thought of having them do that so all you then have to do is sort them and take them,
    I have a market stall and am up at 5:30 four mornings a week, So is Jay as he has his market stall on the same days, we get home at 5pm, and still have dinner to cook, children to look after, the dog to walk, cats to see to, and I also home educate my daughter so have all that to sort for my son to do with her while we are working.
    I still have my own mental health to deal with including meds, and also Jays health is not great, my fathers health is seriously not great right now and to be honest he will never get better only worse, its just a matter of time right now to be honest when I get a call to go and see him urgently.
    It is hard work and it is not easy, but you have to start to take some responsibility for some things such as your meds and remembering appointments.
    This doesn't mean that your Son and Maxine won't be there for you they will always be there to support you, but you are so much better than you were, you coped brilliantly while they were away on holiday so that proves that you can do this.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

purplefan (31-08-15)

You've had that chat with your son and you know they are happy to have you there so of course he isn't going to abandon you. Yes you took that overdose and you know look back at that time and know that you were wrong to do it so use that the encourage you to take the meds correctly. I know I fear reaching that mental state again where life feels to hopeless you want it to end, so use that fear to your advantage, I know now to seek help instead of bottling it up. You know taking the meds inappropriately is wrong.

You have plenty to live for now and so long as you take the meds properly there is no reason for you to slip back again. You can do this, I know you can so please try and make the effort for yourself and for little Ellie who needs time with her parents and grandfather.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

purplefan (31-08-15)

PF, I know that you are struggling with Ellie etc... But I do think you are worrying about things which don't need to be worried about. Your son and Maxine have said that you are welcome and wanted with them whether you are well or poorly. They give you Chloe to play with etc which shows a huge amount of trust. Sweetheart you don't have to be struggling to be living with them.
    Talk to your pharmacist. Mine sends a repeat prescription request to my GP and I go to my chemist to collect my carrier bag of meds They would also sort it into blister packs but my meds are still not settled yet. Talk to them, I'm sure they'd help. Then all you have to do is set an alarm and take them! You can do this lovely.
    Whatever you do, do not stop taking any of them without talking to your GP first. Also - and I'm sure you wouldn't, but please don't stop taking them because then you think that your son and Maxine will have to take over doing them again so you think that you will have to stay there longer.....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

purplefan (31-08-15),S deleted (31-08-15)

You rented your flat in London, your son wouldn't have supported that if he wanted you to leave. I always think you are part of their family, and they are giving you little Ellie tomorrow.
    I know you don't feel confident in taking your own meds, but its just something that will come with practice. My grandfather has his in the blister packs because he has so many, and that works well for him.
    I think maybe we are more confident in your abilities than you are!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

purplefan (02-09-15)

You are so right. The things that go on on my mind. I know my son would never abandon me or send me packing. Look at the expense it must have been for him to build the annex. If I don't do things right, I am a worrier. I worry a lot. I worry if I upset someone if they don't answer a post. I worry if I don't see someone on the forms for a while. Rather than think good things might have happened to them. I am such a negative person. When I think the worst and it dose not happen, then I am happy if that makes sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    The thing is PF, that your son is not going to abandon you and he hasn't done this, he has done nothing but try and consider you and help you, but you have to start to help yourself which you are doing in some respects, such as going to the hypnotherapist for your nightmares, the writing club and art club which is great, but you said that you feel your son abandoned you because after going to the football with you he didn't go to the pub with you, that is so wrong, he took time to go to the football with you, but he also has Maxine and Chloe and the new baby, and he is only one person, he also needs to spend time with them when he is not working.
    I think that even though being in the Sanctuary did you a lot of good and was the right place for you at the time, that you did have a lot done for you there such as your meds etc, and now that you don't have that your struggling to do things for yourself as you had become reliant on others doing it for you.
    Chemists can collect prescription from gp's and also deliver them to you, have you thought of having them do that so all you then have to do is sort them and take them,
    I have a market stall and am up at 5:30 four mornings a week, So is Jay as he has his market stall on the same days, we get home at 5pm, and still have dinner to cook, children to look after, the dog to walk, cats to see to, and I also home educate my daughter so have all that to sort for my son to do with her while we are working.
    I still have my own mental health to deal with including meds, and also Jays health is not great, my fathers health is seriously not great right now and to be honest he will never get better only worse, its just a matter of time right now to be honest when I get a call to go and see him urgently.
    It is hard work and it is not easy, but you have to start to take some responsibility for some things such as your meds and remembering appointments.
    This doesn't mean that your Son and Maxine won't be there for you they will always be there to support you, but you are so much better than you were, you coped brilliantly while they were away on holiday so that proves that you can do this.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Angie (31-08-15)

Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    You rented your flat in London, your son wouldn't have supported that if he wanted you to leave. I always think you are part of their family, and they are giving you little Ellie tomorrow.
    I know you don't feel confident in taking your own meds, but its just something that will come with practice. My grandfather has his in the blister packs because he has so many, and that works well for him.
    I think maybe we are more confident in your abilities than you are!
    I think it's just a matter of finding the right system. I don't really want to wear an alarm all day. The app Stella posted is good.as she said:"I just have to take my pills right away before I forget".

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    PF, I know that you are struggling with Ellie etc... But I do think you are worrying about things which don't need to be worried about. Your son and Maxine have said that you are welcome and wanted with them whether you are well or poorly. They give you Chloe to play with etc which shows a huge amount of trust. Sweetheart you don't have to be struggling to be living with them.
    Talk to your pharmacist. Mine sends a repeat prescription request to my GP and I go to my chemist to collect my carrier bag of meds They would also sort it into blister packs but my meds are still not settled yet. Talk to them, I'm sure they'd help. Then all you have to do is set an alarm and take them! You can do this lovely.
    Whatever you do, do not stop taking any of them without talking to your GP first. Also - and I'm sure you wouldn't, but please don't stop taking them because then you think that your son and Maxine will have to take over doing them again so you think that you will have to stay there longer.....
    I might do that on Thursday; I'll talk to the pharmacists and see if there is anything that will help me.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Angie (31-08-15),S deleted (31-08-15)

I hope you got into a routine asap with this cos no one here wants to see you making yourself ill by not taking your meds correctly. We only nag because we care

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

Angie (31-08-15),purplefan (02-09-15)

Yup, it's because we care loads about you!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

purplefan (02-09-15)

youre not going to like this. Your family have moved you in with them so they can be there if you need them. Purposefully not taking your meds, including your diabetes meds which potentially could be keeping you alive, is tbh completely selfish. Your son and Maxine have changed their lives for you, willingly because they love you, and to do this to them right now when they've got Chloe and a newborn to look after is not acceptable. You're 'struggling with dealing with every aspect of taking your medication' - does that mean you want Maxine to take over again? Now, when she's got so much on her plate?? You're an intelligent man and just need to get on with it.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

purplefan (02-09-15),Suzi (01-09-15)