Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: On the move!

I am a bit stressed this morning as our Internet is down and I can't sleep. 4am. I am fighting the urge to take a couple of Amitriptyline.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

I hope you didn't, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

They aren't sleeping pills lovely... I hope you didn't too..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Bit of an update guys. I have been struggling with my medication and I never took last night's. This should be a simple task but I just can't do it. I think deep Dow that the problem is that I relate tablets to being ill I don't want to be ill anymore.
    So I don't take them because it makes me feel normal.
    I have been doing well recently. Even feeling strong enough to go back to the football on a regular basis. Sitting in a pup after the game with my mates was brilliant. No thoughts about medication. I have been really good since I started taking a double dose of fluoxitine and the ami is working for my pain, so why should I need to take tablets?

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Because they are what are helping to keep you well hun is the straight answer
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Because the tablets are making you feel better, and the ones like the diabetic medication are, quite frankly, keeping you alive. I know its tempting to not bother sometimes, but you are really hurting yourself if you don't take them.
    When do you take your tablets, is it four times a day?

Because if you don't then your mood will crash, your blood sugar will be unmanaged and you will be in a great deal of pain. Seriously. Take your meds.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Right, you aren't going like this but tough. You say you have been doing better lately so if that is true give me a good reason why a grown man of sound mind can't take the medication that is keeping him well. You've get the tools to help remind you so you have no excuse. Your son and Maxine have their hands full right now with a newborn, they don't have time to babysit you as well. You are more than capable of doing this and if you wanna stay well and continue to get better, you need to stand on your own two feet and take your meds. The whole family is having to adjust with the new addition to the family and that includes you. If you don't take your meds properly and get sick how much more strain do you think that will put on your son? Do you really wanna make their lives harder? They have done so much to help you so the least you can do for them is to look after your health by taking the meds as prescribed.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

Paula (01-09-15),purplefan (31-08-15),Suzi (31-08-15)

Been having a little think about this and you ask for a reason why I can't take my medication.
    The first time I tried to kill myself I did it with an over dose of tablets I got of the Internet. I can't remember how many I took but I ended up in casualty and they kept an eye on me for a few days.
    Ever since then I have struggled to take my med on a regular basis. One of the reasons why I panic is that the main reason for moving out of London is that my son could look after me more and watch me take my meds. This has worked brilliantly; I am scared they will think I am coping and try and get me to move back. But now I am struggling again as I am dealing with every aspect of taking my medication from going to chemist and sorting them out. Yes I could do it if I tried and your right I should not relief on Maxine. After a while I am sure I can get into a routine of taking them. Sometimes when I do take them I get the dry boak. And I can't swallow them.

How about asking the chemist to sort them out, it's a service they offer here. You can ask your gp to fax your prescription to the chemist, and they sort the tablets into morning, afternoon, evening and bed. The chemist rings you up when they are ready. Does this sound like something you could put to your chemist?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

S deleted (31-08-15),Suzi (31-08-15)