Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On the move!

On the move!

I was discussing my last appointment with my pdoc with the family last night, and My son agrees that i have come on leaps and bounds since i moved from London and have a bit of support.
    But he is worried that i am holding on to some of the problems because i am worried that, if i get well, then i would be forced to move back to london and the whole thing would start over. But looking back at some of my earlier posts i have come a long way and should accept that i am getting better and perhaps finally accept that i am on the road to recovery.
    My son has re assured me that i wont be thrown out of the annex and be forced to live on my own, but he dose hope that i will start to do things for myself like take and arrange my own medication. Or look after my finances for my self.
    It is something i have to consider as maxine is about to give birth she will have two little ones to look after.
    So perhaps it is time to let go of the apron strings and try and fend for myself a bit more.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Is it something you feel you are ready to do? Sometimes we need to do things to prove to ourselves that we can do them itms. It can be easy to become complacent when we have folk to do things for as. Maybe a bit more independence will do you good.

No it is something i am not ready to do it, But i agree a bit more Independence is good. I coped alright when they went to America and survived, so perhaps i should talk a bit more responsibility for my own living.

You did so well when you were on your own. You managed to fill your days and cook and clean up, so I think you would be able to sort your meds for yourself. If you choose to do them on a Monday, get them ready all together, so you have them for the week. Good luck.

As Magie said you did it while the family were away, so you know you can do it. The only difference between then and now is that you aren't going to be on your own.

I think he's right. I think you've become used to someone else managing things like your medication whether it be Maxine or the Sanctuary. I wonder if maybe you've not allowed yourself to do these things because you thought it would mean you moving out. I am quite sure that you are there as long as you want to be lovely. It would be good to allow yourself to do these things too...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I do agree with the others hun, I think it will also give you a big confidence boost to start to do somethings such as medicine yourself,
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

I think doing your own medicine and finances are a good idea, its the next step in getting well. You are so useful around the house with the family, looking after Chloe when Maxine needs a break. You are not a burden, you are part of their family now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

purplefan (06-08-15)

I can understand my son wanting me to look after myself. Maxine will need to focus on the children for a while and she dose not need extra burden of me around.
    As Rose said: "i can help around the house" and take some of the pressure off".

I think that you're an awesome asset to them both! So helpful and perfect with Chloe!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!