Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Depression and skin disorders

Depression and skin disorders

http://nationaleczema.org/eczema/rel.../psychosocial/

I was reading this article on skin disorders and thought it interesting about the link between skin disorder and Depression and other mental health issues.
    *Recently there has been more focus on the connection between eczema and depression, poor sleep, and a connection with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). This relationship is complex and may be simply related to the disruption of normal sleep that accompanies most moderate or severe eczema, but there may be something deeper that explains them independently, such as a more sensitive nervous system*.

I personally feel that my eczema is connected to my sleep disorder or disturbed sleep. Whenever i have a serious nightmare or dont sleep for a few nights my eczema flairs up. This is one of the things i hope the hypnotherapy will cure, but i am also looking into alternative treatments for skin disorders as i think these will be more beneficial then say sticking loads of chemicals in your body. what do you think?
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Justin Tolerable
    "Correlation does not mean causation."

I think Dolly Parton once said that.

Justin Tolerable
    I have dry skin on my left thumb and left palm. When I can be bothered to apply moisturiser daily it is better in a week. Then when it gets better I stop using the moisturiser... so it gets worse again. And on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tolerable View Post
    I have dry skin on my left thumb and left palm. When I can be bothered to apply moisturiser daily it is better in a week. Then when it gets better I stop using the moisturiser... so it gets worse again. And on and on.
    Then keep using the moisturizer.

Justin Tolerable
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    Then keep using the moisturizer.
    That would be the sensible thing to do.

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    I am also struggling with some dryness of skin. For me the best natural remedy is olive oil.

olive oil is very good Selena but my eczema is a bit worse and pretty sore.

gross alert
    My eczema fairs up when I get depressed. You should see my knees and knuckles.

I use Eurax lotion which is kept in the fridge and it's brilliant.. http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pa...medicine=Eurax
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thanks suzi. I have diprobase.