Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stella street

Hugo-agogo

Hugo-agogo

Never heard that before Hugo.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Hugo-agogo
    It's from a channel4 series called Garth Marenghi's Dark Place from a few years back, which is a spoof horror where Marenghi is a low rent Steven King character introducing his lost televisual "masterpiece" from the eighties! Not many people saw it, but it has something of a cult following.
    Last edited by Hugo-agogo; 29-07-15 at 05:52 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugo-agogo For This Useful Post:

purplefan (29-07-15)

Channel 4 in the 80s had some great comedy shows on. Shame it has went down hill
    remember Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights? although i think that was from the 00s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ZYYnASOaA

do not watch if easily offended.

Hugo-agogo
    Dark Place was a noughties show spoofing an eighties show, but yes there's always good and bad stuff. I've heard it said there was never really a golden age, it's just that people remember the good bits!

Frankie Boyle was the hot ticket at the time, and Tramadol Nights almost killed his career. I saw it and there were some sketches I swear are burned into my mind, and not exactly in a good way! The knightrider sketch? And numerous unrepeatable ones. I think the problem was that it was just so relentless and misanthropic, it just left me feeling numb!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugo-agogo For This Useful Post:

purplefan (29-07-15)

Hugo-agogo
    Do you remember Nightingales?

https://youtu.be/5emR9uqpj4c

Used to watch it. i am more into this

Hugo-agogo
    Peter Capaldi!
    I've got the Comic Strip box set! The Bad News double was the best, and pre-dated spinal tap, the spoofs of the famous 5 were great too, and there was another double bill Supergrass? which was brilliant, with Robbie Coltraine walking across a stormy peer, with soundtrack by Jeff Beck, although that might have been another one...

Hugo-agogo