Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stella street

stella street

Dose anyone remember this little gem from the 1990s? I love the idea of all the A listrs wanting to lead a normal life and live in quiet surburban street. Rolling stones runnin the local shops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY4isQVSgDg
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Never heard of it - were we in the same '90's. Lol
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

S deleted (19-07-15)

It used to be on ever night for about 15 minutes on BBC2.

Mind you, in 1990 I was 16. By the time that decade ended, I'd got married, had a baby, got divorced, worked full time as a single mother, moved in with my boyfriend, had 2 major breakdowns. I was too busy/exhausted to watch TV .......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hugo-agogo
    Yep, I used to watch it. It was quite amusing. John Sessions and Phil Cornwell playing all the parts - Mick and Keith running the newsagents! Pretty sure they did a movie, and it was pretty good as I recall

What was the name of Michael caines housekeeper in it?

Hugo-agogo
    I can't remember, but think I remember the character, "Ohhh Michael!"

I loved the first episode where The house keeper had to arange a suprise party for Michael and she invited everybody and it got back to michael who got a bit upset and started ranting about how good he was to her, and treated her like a member of his family, then he sacked her and kicked her down the garden path only to see the group in the front room.
    Ho dear.
    Do you remember league of Gentlemen hugo? "This is a local shop for local people. We'll have no trouble here"

Hugo-agogo
    Lol, I almost imagine I remember that one (but not sure)!
    I do remember LOG, and have a couple of their live shows on dvd. The whole Pauline at the job centre thing! It was brilliant how it walked that line between comedy and horror - mind you there's often a fine line between the two!

Very true. It was brilliantly writen. And as you said Pauline was brilliant.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post: