Thread: Fluoxetine still not working :(

LostMyWay

Fluoxetine still not working :(

Been on them for 6.5 weeks - 5 weeks at 20mg and the past ten days on 40mg. Still don't feel any better in fact my depression and anxiety is getting worse. Have I given it long enough?

If you are in doubt about any medication then the best place to be getting advice from id your own GP...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

See your GP. Fluoxetine made me worse at first, horrible experience, you have to get through the 'hump' but it might not be easy. Make sure you keep in close contact with your GP throughout. Good luck!

LostMyWay
    I already had an appt to see my gp I just wasn't sure if I had given it enough chance to work and so thought I would ask people who had been on it themselves. Thank you rose she's told me to carry on at 40mg for a few more days till I've done two weeks at that dose and then increase to 60mg. I'm really struggling at the moment

Oh hunni, it's not easy, but remember that changing dose takes a while to take effect.. Do keep talking.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

In my opinion, it takes the longest to work and has the worst side effects, but its the best one. I still take it now.

It does take time, there's no quick fix, but you will get there
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Are you having any other effects? If you are in doubt over your medication then please speak to your G.P.
    Everybody is different and the general rule is it can take up to 6 weeks, but it sose help.
    Were you on any other medication before?
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.