Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England Women's Football Team

Justin Tolerable
    Why don't we ban all women from politics, too? Or can they have a separate parliament?

Justin Tolerable
    Why hasn't the 'main' Manchester United team ever in its history employed a female manager or female first-team player? The only answer is surely that they hate females. What would happen if they also discriminated against black male players? Why is one discrimination and not the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tolerable View Post
    It's funny when people talk, for example, about improving the men's England team by limiting the number of foreign players in the Premier League. The answer, from people who don't like the suggestion (the Premier League and its clubs, UEFA, and others), always cry that this is against employment laws and freedom of movement/employment in the EU... while apparently not caring (or noticing) the rampant, discriminatory and flagrantly ILLEGAL apartheid and segregation of males and females!!! Um, doesn't that break any of those aforementioned laws and human rights? Isn't there a huge elephant in the stadium and in UEFA HQ that no one can see or are intentionally ignoring? This is the greatest hypocrisy. The same thing applies to limiting players' earnings: again this is against UK and EU employment laws is the cry from people who don't like the suggestion... but isn't gender apartheid more so???
    I'm sure that there are good reasons - for example physicality. What about if a man goes in for a tackle and he makes contact with her chest? That could open up so many cans of worms.
    What about the differences in size, strength, muscular make up etc?

Why don't we ban all women from politics, too? Or can they have a separate parliament?
    A little bit extreme here.... not really sure of the link

Why hasn't the 'main' Manchester United team ever in its history employed a female manager or female first-team player? The only answer is surely that they hate females. What would happen if they also discriminated against black male players? Why is one discrimination and not the other?
    You did mention that you were off your medication, maybe you should call someone from your care team and tell them and then take the meds as prescribed.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

The English FA right up to the 70's had been discriminating for approx. 50 yrs by having a ban an women. That was lifted and the girls got their chance to play and here we are showing the lads how it's done. By watching the ladies compared to the men not only is it obvious that the speed, strength and staminaare gulfs apart from the men, the way they go about the game is better. Fairer play, less diving, yellow cards, more respect and for me it's a whole better experience cos even the crowds are better behaved. I like PF love football but the men could actually learn a thing or two from the girls.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

purplefan (06-07-15)

what i am trying to say unsuccessfully, is that because the mens game of football is different to the female game, then would it not make sense to train the teams separately from each other as they do in Europe? Womens football is still a novelty sport in this country and we need to Nurture and develop the game so we still have a womans league in 50 years time.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

S deleted (06-07-15)

It's still growing PF at as I say the FA didn't even recognise women footballers less that 50 yrs ago. It is only recently the top lady players have been given professional contracts and some of the England squad still have full time jobs and families to balance aswell as representing their country on the biggest stage.

I also think if we brought in more female officials to the mens game, then men would respect the officials more and there would be less arguing. I think the officials i have seen in the lower league have done a really good job.

I was watching the womans game Arsenal vs Liverpool and did notice a bigger attendance than last season. Three of the womans world cup team were playing. Although it is still not as physical as the mens game i think it has come on leaps and bounds. will be watching a few more. Might even go to a game.

And cost of the ladies games are much less that the men's. I went to an international friendly a couple of yrs back for a fiver!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

purplefan (14-07-15)

You know stella you cant get cheaper than that. I watch lower league because i cant afford £45.00 a ticket or £1,500 a season if your an Arsenal fan.
    My team leyton orient are starting a ladies team, and i might be going along to watch.