Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England Women's Football Team

England Women's Football Team

Just want to say well done to the England Women's football team who are now through to the World Cup semi-finals in Canada. They've done a lot better than their overpaid mercenary male counterparts and have probably had to earn it far more. Some of them have careers away from football and don't earn millions. I've read about how certain members of the England squad have had to overcome troubles in the past which include homelessness, depression, being left out of the team because they had young children to look after and other things.
    Their manager Mark Sampson has said that he has not only a special group of footballers but that they are special people as well. Very true and best of luck in their semi final against Japan on Wednesday.

I'm a follower of the England Ladies and last night I a shed a few tears of joy. This is such a huge achievement because we've not really been up there with the best over the years and to see them reach a semi final is amazing. I saw England ladies a couple of years back take on Japan in a friendly when the likes of Jordan Nobbs was just breaking though and we did ok got a draw out of it and Eni Aloku was pretty hot that day. I think Sampson has to start her for the semi cause she can really cause them some problems.

I thought they played really well.. I hope they beat Japan even, if they don't, they have promoted the ladies game so well. I hope that their success will mean bigger crowds at the league games.
    well done ladies.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Justin Tolerable
    Why do all the teams have male managers?

It's brilliant to see women's football actually be talked about positively!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tolerable View Post
    Why do all the teams have male managers?
    Prior to Mark Sampson's appointment 2 yrs ago, Hope Powell was manager of England and Germany have a former player. Silvia Neid as manager and they are one of the top teams in the world

What a shame the lionesses did not go through. What a bummer of an own goal.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

But to beat Germany to take third place is a massive achievement. I am so proud of the girls, every player has played there part.

USA are blitzing Japan, and are 4-0 up in the first 15 minutes including a hatrick for Lloyd, her third goal scored from the halfway line!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

purplefan (06-07-15)

Justin Tolerable
    Removed by Suzi as it was just rude.
    Last edited by Suzi; 06-07-15 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Being generally rude.

JT I've edited your post because of your rudeness. I am not expecting everyone to have the same feelings as everyone else - but there is no need for rudeness.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!