Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comedians good storys

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Purplefan I never got emo, I was suprised hes still going. Billy on the other hand, your looking at a megafan here who has seen him live 3 times!

Matt:- no worries, Whoseline I have been a fan of for so long especially the partnership of Ryan and Colin on the show. It has faded abit with the new version with the female host and special guests just makes it to cheesy and you can see it in the performers eyes that its jsut not the same. It did take me some time to get used to drew on teh first American version but he did grow on me alot and sadly that has disapeared, likewise I have been watching it since the begining where Clive Anderson was host and they had performers in the early days like peter Cook, Stephen Fry, Mike Mcshane, Josie Lawence etc.

Heres a duet with Miek and Josie from the early days. An improvised love song about a cat litter tray.

And also Colin and Ryan doing Narate

matt
    Yeah i agree, some of the new stuff is good but no where near as good as when dru hosted it

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    I never got on with the American version the British one suited my sense of humour better.

Barman songs from the original whose line is it anyway for Pen.

matt
    Not really a comedian, but Karl pilkington is hilarious
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw2bTpyHGCE

7. The Following User Says Thank You to matt For This Useful Post:

Hugo-agogo
    I love the Ricky Gervais show, and miss it now it's not on late night. It's great because you could both watch it, for the funny animations, and listen to it like a radio show (I think they were all pod casts originally) if you were drifting off to sleep.

But if you're talking good stories, my absolute favourite modern comedy show is Rhod Gilbert's The Award Winning Mince Pie, which is just a brilliant tale of one man's breakdown on a motorway service station.

Love this song LOL. Nice story too.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Jarre (27-07-15)

People may not realise but Who's line is it anyway was first started on the radio, heres a clip with rap and my favourite Story Goldilocks & the 3 bears but changing the styles.
    Cast:- Clive Anderson (host) Stephen Fry, Lenny Henry, Dawn French and John Sessions.

I had no idea i though it was an American idea. But i used to listen to the News Quiz on Radio 4 and old radio shows like round the horn.
    I think clive Anderson is brilliant. I always though he should have been the host of H.I.G.N.F.Y
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.