Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fluoxetine

I think the trick is not to expect too much in the first couple of weeks as suzi said it can take up to 8 weeks and rose is spot on that it is a subtle drug and the changes can take a week or two before you feel anything. Just keep taking them as prescribed and hope you are feeling better today.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to purplefan For This Useful Post:

Suzi (26-05-15)

LostMyWay
    Thank you all. Been on them for 8 days now and im extremely tearful. Cried in a cafe and in the pub when out with hubby over the past week! Can't seem to control it. Am hoping it will settle down soon. Getting anxiety and palpitations too. Due to see gp at end of week to review. I feel pretty low tbh

Are you taking them at the same time every day?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I had terrible anxiety first thing in the morning when I started taking Fluoxetine. I used to call it 'morning terror'. I had it for about 3 weeks, week 2-4.
    If it gets worse or unbearable, please go back and see the doctor. They may be able to give you something to help.
    Unfortunately things can get worse before they get better. Keep talking here as we do understand.

LostMyWay
    Hi thank you taking them at bedtime which I've always done with my meds as I suffer from ibs. Been on them nearly two weeks now, still not feeling any better. Couldn't get in to see gp till middle of next week so I'll just have to keep going till then :/

It will take anywhere between 4 and 8 weeks to start working... Do try to hang on, but definitely go and see your Dr if you are struggling.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

northantsgirl
    I have been on fluoxetine for a good few weeks now after citalopram and I feel 100% better than I did on citalopram and have had no side effects! Ok I still have issues and anxiety etc but it has definitely made my life a lot more manageable

Glad to hear things are working out for you

That's such good news. I think Fluoxetine is one of the best, but it takes the longest to kick in!!