Page 87 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Passing By and Fear of Failure *Triggers*

I saw the photos you scanned, you were a beautiful child and you're a beautiful woman. Weight has nothing to do with that. Look at Dawn French, Adele etc, all beautiful, all bigger. And you're not as big as you think .......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (02-04-16)

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I saw the photos you scanned, you were a beautiful child and you're a beautiful woman. Weight has nothing to do with that. Look at Dawn French, Adele etc, all beautiful, all bigger. And you're not as big as you think .......
    Yes, but these are not so recent photos (I mean photos put today). Some years ago I got rid of my camera. Thank you for complement.

I'll take some breath and put a couple of recent photos soon. And weight is basically the same, but fluctuating.

Ah but I have seen one of your profile pics which was more recent
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Ah but I have seen one of your profile pics which was more recent
    Yes, that's right, the face photo. By the way, my face shape is also fluctuating because of hormones.

Sweetheart size isn't the be all and the end of it all... You have to stop being so hard on yourself.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I went to bed very late, but I did finish 18 pages in 3 days, mostly on holidays. Just don't know how I managed to do it and my boss also wanted me to verify other translators' work.

Exams will soon come...additional stress.

Today was birthday of one of my colleagues and my boss wanted us all to come to the head office in order to celebarate it. I really didn't want, there were fewer of us, but to my unexpected surprise I felt happier than after communication with those online guys.

There is also a problem. One of my so called colleague ( not a translator) nicknamed "Judas" always tries to complot against others and tell false information to our boss. My boss is rather difficult person and I don't know how to deal with such hypocrite "honey" people.

Getting together, however briefly, with colleagues, perhaps people you can become friends with, is good for the soul. And you know they have no expectations that you won't meet.

Wrt Judas, the best thing to do is ignore them imho. Your boss knows your worth and trusts you to do your job well. That's what matters when facing these kind of people.

Once your exams are done, will you be able to look for work elsewhere?

Getting together, however briefly, with colleagues, perhaps people you can become friends with, is good for the soul. And you know they have no expectations that you won't meet.

Wrt Judas, the best thing to do is ignore them imho. Your boss knows your worth and trusts you to do your job well. That's what matters when facing these kind of people.

Once your exams are done, will you be able to look for work elsewhere?
    i think yes.

That's great

Sounds like you've done brilliantly today!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!