Page 74 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Passing By and Fear of Failure *Triggers*

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    Would you not write stories about your experience since you got sick?
    It's a good idea and sometimes I write some things, maybe it was because of my lack of time or probably sometimes it was too painful.

Yes, I really wanted to get some quality time, even missing theatre or other cultural activities.

Meanwhile my boss told me that I could take paid holidays only in October.

You know, I've thought about writing some details in my unpublished novel translation. The author probably forgot about her plans.

Selena you can only take paid holidays in October, that seems so long away.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Yes, time is passing fast, I'll see what to do a little later.

I thought that I would have a normal holiday. Surprise!...my boss who has never translated herself a little document asked for English variant of manipulation book immediately. I've got that client wants it faster and wants its American variant. But my boss has forgoten 2 essential things:
    1. She got this client due to my sample translation into different language. A client chose my piece among 20 other translators. That is how she got all the money.
    2. She gave the translation into English to a student who didn't manage her work and then passed it to me. She forgot that we discussed other deadlines and I'm already busy. I'm not a native speaker who could additionally provide her with American dialect expressions.

I'm anxious that I've barely had any rest, yes yesterday I had some rest, but I think I have this right. Now I fear eveything although I'm aware my boss just didn't manage it well.

Selena your boss will have to wait you can't suddenly translate a document when you are all ready doing other work. As you say you need some rest time, rather than work, work and more work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

selena (07-02-16)

Mikes right. Say no.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Totally agree - no.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Piglet
    It sounds like your boss is taking the credit for all of your hard work. Time to stand up to her and say no! Good luck.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Piglet For This Useful Post:

selena (08-02-16)

Finally has ended a translation into English today. I can't believe I did it so fast, I'm always very anxious about quality. Nearly fall asleep, dreaming about manipulative author and her supposed being in love with two men at chance... But still there is a lot of work to be done...
    This morning I came to my working place, took the keys to open the door when clien said:" The door is open. You probably forgot to close it last time."
    My God...I got in panic...Usually I check everything, how didn't I verify it on Friday?...I don't remember. I checked everything: camera working, money and documents at their places.

You've probably got other things on your mind and it's then so easy to forget something.

Selena you look like you've had a very productive day. All I've done all day is a big jigsaw still a lot to do with it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

selena (08-02-16)