Page 72 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Passing By and Fear of Failure *Triggers*

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    It's so interesting. Yesterday I was in bad mood and my cat felt it. She suddenly gripped my dress with her claws and nearly tore it, she wanted to come closer to me.

I'm feeling horribly, my boss doesn't leave me a free minute, a free day of relax. She sent me little translations, continuation of Madam's book translation and that I'm supposed to end immediately the other translation (+30 pages!). Does she think I am robot?

Can't you say no, you're too busy?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yes, I can but the thing is that she always tends to make deadlines shorter after the employees take work. I will probably do just quality work and won't sacrifice myself. All this deal won't last forever, I really hope.

You are't being paid to work weekends, so don't!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (31-01-16)

So that's the best thing to do so far - just doing my work in a normal way.

Today was a little sad. My boss had the new idea, that I edit and translate without any money some texts on new version of her site. Nor that I would be against if she did pay me better or do this for a cause.

I'm sad that nothing changes, but that's probably is how it aimed to be from beginning.

And about my main translation, some of these manipulations are also used by men, to my greatest astonishment. The strangest thing is author's advice in contradiction with all her other stuff:" If you love or tend to love a man that does not share your feelings, love him from depth of your heart". Not the best advice though, I think it didn't help me a lot to forget about the man who I talked to in vain.

If you are paid a salary, I would expect your boss to just give you whatever she sees fit, but if it's too much and you are regularly working more than your contracted hours then you need to have a word.

Are you paid a salary or is it per page/hour/text?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Here comes the following: salary + percent from clients+ translations, but that's nice only on paper. And no, the translation for agency's site is not supposed to be paid.

And the last thing...a woman from a different office proposed me to get involved in her (not exactly) philantropy project. I got enthusiastic about it, thinking only that I have a small amount of time and it's a good news as here such kind of projects don't often occur. And what I heard...she proposed that I take part in her photo session and that is for a good cause. There is nothing specific about it. Just taking some photos in park. She didn't say a concrete day. I wanted to refuse but then thought about good cause. I really don't know what to do...