Page 44 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Passing By and Fear of Failure *Triggers*

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    How do you feel about the call from your father?
    Why did you do the translations?
    Strange, but it was a good feeling. I've always suffered because of absence of father in my life. It left a certain empty space in my soul. I've had a stepfather who tried to harass me and I've always needed a man on whose shoulder I can cry, who I can trust. I've forgiven my father,but he is still a stranger for me.

I wanted to do them on Saturday, but I just did not realize how tired I was.

But aren't they work translations? You aren't paid to work over the weekend are you?

I think you're handling the minefield of online introductions really, really well.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (22-11-15)

But aren't they work translations? You aren't paid to work over the weekend are you?

I think you're handling the minefield of online introductions really, really well.
    No and I don't know how to talk to my boss, because I'm getting anxious.

Oh hunni! Remember, you are a brilliant and wonderful person. Talk to her. Tell her that your workload is too much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (22-11-15)

I am due to confess something - I'm caught again in depression mares and that's all because of the latest pressure on me. And I'm feeling the lumps again, it's probably nerves or I don't know. I'm struggling not to cry, I can't cope with all this work because I do also have manager duties. Today I stood up to one very insistent manager who wanted me to translate 10 pages+ in out of work time. I explained her that I should go to the doctor, she proposed me to work after medical procedures in the evening, just imagine! And she does not even do any translation work. But this time I stood up for myself, she is always having a good sleep while I'm already feeling exhausted and exploited.

With dating...I don't understand anything... I put only one photo of my face and got some proposals, and from men from different countries. Now I'm hesitating because they haven't seen my body and on skype, 'once they see me they run' because I'm not skinny or exactly average. I'm probably getting insane. And there is a young man who apparently wants something serious, although he wanted something else before. We've got friendly, but I don't know, I can't trust anyone. And besides he's of different culture and religion. That's not an obstacle but I just don't know their mentality. Sometimes I feel he cares about me, last time he asked if I could ever consider marriage to a person of different ethnicity and race. I'm feeling that he likes me and that's reciprocal feeling, but I hesitate. I'm not going crazy about, just like him.

Well done for standing up to them. That's absolutely disgraceful asking you to work evenings when you already do 5.5 days a week. Speak to the manager and say you have enough translations to do without everything else you're being given. It sounds as if she is desperate to keep you so you have the upper hand.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

selena (24-11-15)

I completely agree! Your "out of work" hours are just that - so you DON'T keep working! No one would be able to cope with all that you are asked to do!

With regard to that guy - sweetheart, there really isn't any rush. Don't settle for something that is "OK". You deserve to feel like a princess!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (24-11-15)

I completely agree! Your "out of work" hours are just that - so you DON'T keep working! No one would be able to cope with all that you are asked to do!

With regard to that guy - sweetheart, there really isn't any rush. Don't settle for something that is "OK". You deserve to feel like a princess!
    I'm afraid because first he was interested in a night, then he said that he is interested in something more, but I don't want to hurry the things.

Hunni, I hope I'm wrong but he asked you for the night, which you said no to. So he seems to have changed tack to telling you he wants long term. Please make very, very sure that he's not just playing a game
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (24-11-15)

I told him that I need time and he should be patient.